Need help with Car seat and booster seat choice

spiderangs

I'm just back -- I have no idea what to get a new car seat and booster seat...

My car is 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx.

Three kids in back..

-Passenger behind driver is my oldest DD's spot. No booster -- way too big for it. Not worrying about her because of exceed weight limit and her bottom doesn't fit any booster seat.

- middle seat is 2 years old's spot in britax roundabout 40lbs weight limit. Approx 6 months left in expiration. I love the lock off. Higher seat due to sunset. No sunlight direct to her face. Perfect seat size.

- passenger behind passenger is my 5 years old's spot in Radian 80.

So, I would like to get a new booster for my 5 years old when she turns 6. So it can moves between vehicle with my mom in California. She's not great at car installment.

I don't mind to put Radian for 2 years old but it gets in her face. Any convertible car seat that is high like britax roundabout and which one has lock off.

Thanks

Last edited:
ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Re: Car seat and booster seat choice

Most 8yos do still need boosters. How tall is your daughter?

What is your 5yo's height and weight? Your budget for a booster?

Is the 2yo rear- or forward-facing?

spiderangs

Re: Car seat and booster seat choice

Most 8yos do still need boosters. How tall is your daughter?

What is your 5yo's height and weight? Your budget for a booster?

Is the 2yo rear- or forward-facing?

Yes I know that my 8 yrs old would needs booster seat but nothing fits her. Not even harmony. She's nearly 4'7 tall.. Will be 9 years old this Wednesday. Her feet touches the floor.

No budget set on booster seat for 5 years old as long as it can fits three across in back, even with a new car seat for 2 years old if possible. They will be 6 and 2 and half years old at that time I'm ready to buy new ones.

She is FF.. Will consider to turn her back to ERF when hot weather is over. Cool weather approaches now.

Ps my signature is so old.. Need to update it..

Will need to buy new seats in approx 5-6 months later.. Gives me more time to find one which I would like..

I thought about graco affix.. Is it good?

5 years old is 45lbs and 43".

Last edited:

spiderangs

Want to add..

I don't use latch in the middle-- that's one of reason why I like britax's older model lock off. I don't want gigantic seat due to 3 kids sit in back.

I used latch on radian where my 5 years old used. Booster with latch is fine with me but my mom's SUV rodeo doesn't have latch system and she occasionally drives Nissan versa, so narrow booster is a better ideal.

My 2 years old is currently approx 30lbs and 36".. Probably little more when she turns 2 and half years old. I need to check the expiration..

One thing-- my hubs suggested to add window tint on the top of front window so it would be helpful for the sunlight direct to the middle passenger's face.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
They still sell the britax classoc marathon. Why not get it? It sits high on a base so it would keep the sun out of her eyes and will last longer then you roundabout.

spiderangs

They still sell the britax classoc marathon. Why not get it? It sits high on a base so it would keep the sun out of her eyes and will last longer then you roundabout.

Yea, it wouldn't be much bigger? Is it easy to install ERF and FF with old fashioned seat belt? I know lock-off is different. Just wondering.

For your oldest, there is a booster coming out soon, the Incognito, that might work very well for her.

My oldest daughter just turned 9 yesterday. So, she had a dr appt. The booster wouldn't work out in the very short-span. She's 117lbs and 56 1/2" so it means 4'8.5". Wish they release that last year!

-------------------------------------------

I look at Recaro Vivo booster seat and Graco Affix for 5 years old (will be 6 at that time).. Any thoughts on Vivo and Affix?

Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC