Question Need help picking car seat

NewVTmom

Hello! I am looking for advice on which convertible car seat to get. I purchase an Advocate for my car but my parents ended up taking it and are going to buy me an equivalent priced seat to replace it. We are willing to pay the difference if we pick a seat that is a little pricier. My husband has the Boulevard that we recieved free through the Registry rewards program.

I don't have the height measurements but my daughter is 14lbs 12 oz at 5 months and has been between 60-80% for height. I am not married to Britax so I want to consider all my options. The seat will be going in my 05 Honda Pilot.

My criteria:

Rear face past 2 years
Very comfy- my daughter is a little princess and the pea baby
Easy to adjust straps
Easy to clean and good for a hot natured baby
Prefer no re-thread harness
Prefer a seat that doesn't require me to put the front seat all the way up
DH prefers it to not be too terrible to install

I thought the NextFit looked great but I am nervous about what I have been reading about the straps. The Maxi Cosi Pria or the Peg Perego seem promising and the Safety 1st Air seat at Target seemed like it would be nice and cool. Thoughts on these seats or any others I should consider?

We live out in the country so we have to drive pretty far to go anywhere so I really want her to enjoy the seat. We will be going to a BuyBuyBaby to try them out but it is over an hour away so I want to do as much research before that as possible. Thank you so much for any help I can get!

ADS

Kel

Hello! I've had a couple of the seats your looking at.

Pria 70- great cushy seat. I found it easier to load my little into it compared go the Blvd. It's got big wings, but they weren't in the way. 40" RF rule. My son would have made it to around 3.5. Very tall top slots for FF. I didn't like that you can't remove the cover from the headrest to wash. Deal breaker for me. No retread harness.

RXT- love. Mine installs seconds. It's has memory foam. Beautiful covers. You can have a spare and change them out. We have the smoother blue for summer and plush flora for winter. Tons of legroom.

Blvd- you have this. I've this seat to. I have three covers and change when ever I please. Nice install. Plush. My son is 60% for height and could RF to 3. He had enough leg room left, but has a long torso. No retread harness.

NewVTmom

Thank you so much for the feedback! Any other opinions/options? My husband doesn't like the Safety 1st and I was thinking about putting the RXT back on the list. I am a little worried about ease of instillation. Thank you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC