Question Need help on deciding what convertible seat will be best for me

lizfar76

My daughter will be 11 months. She is 19+lbs & 28 inches long. We have a graco snug fit, but she will do everything not to be in it. Anyway, I have a 2007 Sante Fe. I'm willing to spend $300 on a seat that is safe, comfortable, will last long, high enough for her to see out window. I've been looking at Recaro & britax, but I'm getting mixed reviews on both. Any ones I'm overlooking?

ADS

YinzerMama

There are a lot more seats out there.

I have never used a recaro. It seems some people really like them because they have a high base and some people really hate them because they have a high base. :) The leg room is not great.

Britax seats tend to be outgrown by height faster than you'd expect. They will last some kids to 3 or 4 but generally speaking you are not going to come anywhere near that impressive sounding 40 pound rf weight limit. I liked the classic ones but am not in love with the newer ones.

The Graco size4me (which also goes by other names) is well liked and I think goes taller than most (maybe all?) other rf seats - It's nice but I prefer something with more padding.

Radian goes tall with lots of legroom but doesn't sit especially high.

I happen to love the nextfit which has legroom, goes tall, easy to install, tons of padding, sits reasonably high (britax in comparison I'd say), nice deep sides (which can also be a con), etc. You can always get 15% off at albeebaby and every few weeks 20% off - there is a 20% off right now - which makes it nicely under your 300 dollar limit (223 with the 20% off) One thing to be aware of with the nextfit though is they changed the harness pads and crotch buckle last october and the new pads are WAY better and some places are still shipping old ones. I just got a Nov studio fabric one from albeebaby though - I think albee probably moves stuff faster than other places because of the price.

(This is assuming you are in the US - you can't buy it in canada)

A lot of people also like the maxi cosi pria for leg room, height, padding, longevity, etc but I have never used one. I like everything about it except it is made by Dorel and I hate Dorel buckles so I have never tried one.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Re: Need help on deciding what convertible seat will be best for mez

My 11-month old has similar stats to yours (mine is 1.5 lbs lighter and 1 inch shorter). We bought her a nextfit for our car. For my in-laws we bought a Britax roundabout g4. We would have gotten two nextfits (we plan to rear-face until 4), but we wanted to have a lighter seat for the grandparents' car so that we could take it traveling with us. She is likely to outgrow the britax RF sooner than we'd like, so at that point we will decide whether to turn her around in her grandparents' car or buy her a longer-lasting seat.

So far I love both.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC