Need help choosing a seat

Momof3girls

B is 6 (in a week and a half) and 41 lbs. Not sure how tall she is, she's on the next to top slot on the GN and only has about 1/4 in before I need to move them up. We have a GN and a RNXT and I hate them both. The RN's harness is horrible and I don't feel like I can ever get it as tight as it should be. The GN is horrible with the head slump, she wakes up crying every time she falls asleep and lately she's been crying cuz her legs hurt.

I'm wondering if I should get a Maestro to try and see if that works any better. I really want a FR85 but I can't really afford that. Are the top slots the same on the GN and the Maestro? Would it be worth the hassle of maybe having to return it if it doesn't work? (I have to order it, we don't have any available here.) I'm not too worried about the booster part, I don't mind buying a dedicated booster when we need one. Are there any other options that don't cost a lot?

ADS

Jessica61624

Momof3girls said:
Dang, I was thinking that this was gonna be the response I got lol. I guess I will just have to save up for a FR85. I wish I had gotten one instead of the GN. :rolleyes:

You could sell your seats to help to help find it! I've seen some good deals recently.

Pixels

She's 6, 41 lbs, and has a full slot (plus a bit) to go in the GN. How long do you want to harness her? Even though the Maestro isn't any taller, unless you want her harnessed foreeeeeever, it will last plenty long enough.

Momof3girls

I'd like to harness her for maybe another yr. She has some special needs and is delayed in her development, so she's not as mature as a typical 6 yr old. We did a short booster trip the other day and she did great, but she unbuckled as we were pulling in the driveway, so definitely not ready. I think I'll try selling the radian and if that doesn't sell then I'll probably just try to maestro. If I do sell it, then I will probably order the Fn 85. Idk if my hubby is gonna be super happy with it though so the maestro now and a TB in a yr wouldnt be so bad.

mom2pjs

Senior Community Member
If her legs are bugging her can you do something for support? I stuffed the floor with an old comforter and a pillow so mine has a footrest... Helped with the legs. The head slump just sucks, but my 5.5 only sleeps in the car once in a blue moon while sick or exhausted

Momof3girls

I'll try that today. The head slump is awful, I feel so bad for her. She falls asleep a lot, it takes 20 mins or so to get to "town" so it's just enough time for her to fall into a good sleep. Maybe I'll get a neck pillow and try it backwards. I think if she could sit Indian style in her seat it would help, she sits that way in the RNXT but can't in the GN. Another plus to the FR85. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC