Need advice on tall 3 yr old

mommaof2

My daughter will be 3 next month and we need to buy her another car seat. We have one GN that she is in now, and I'm really not liking it. She seems to be pretty comfortable, however, it's rather difficult for me to get her in and out of it and I have trouble with the button sticking and not allowing the harness to unbuckle. I finally decided to take her stats and she is 42 lbs, 39 1/2" tall, from bottom to shoulders she's 15 1/2 inches, 23" from bottom to her head. She has a really big head so that also influences our decision. I can't decide if I should buy her a RN XTSL or a Frontier. I definitely know that we don't want another GN. The GN fits perfectly in both our XTerra and Toyota Tundra so it doesn't matter which vehicle it goes in, and the next one we buy can go into either. I'm just confused as what to do right and need to make a decision soon because I'm going back to work in the next few weeks and we will be transporting the kids in both vehicles. Thanks for the help and suggestions.:confused:

ADS

armywife12

The XTSL has lower top harness slots than the Frontier but it should still keep her harnessed until around 5.5-6 yrs old, which is boostering age for many children. You'd still be able to RF her as well! If you have no need for RF, then I wouldn't go with the convertible seat at all. The Frontier has similar top harness slots as the Nautilus so it will harness most to about 7 yrs old. The Frontier turns into a taller and much better booster than the Frontier does as well. The Frontier can be difficult to install though. We have one for our 28 month old when he went FF for a very brief time. We loved it and my son did as well. He fit very nicely in it and had tons of growing room left. I don't have any complaints about it. My son is RF again so we have no need for the Frontier right now but I plan to keep it around for when he does FF because I like the seat so much. I'd go that route for a FF child but would try the XTSL if you want to RF again

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC