Need a small carseat

jessicagail

I have a 3 year old ff child (not sure on her weight) and a 7 month old rf child (17 pounds) i drive a 2013 town and country. I would like new seats for both kids. Im also more than likely going to have at least one more child. Im looking for as small as possible for the ff child so that it makes it easier for people to get by her and get in the back of the van. I would also be possibly moving her to the back in the future. I was looking at baby trends hybrid but from reading on here it looks like those are a no go though i was tempted by the price. I was also looking at Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat but the price was off putting. Any help would be appreciated. If the Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat is my best option than ill just save up and buy them.

ADS

babyherder

What seats are your children currently riding in and why do you want to replace them? What car do you drive?

Any of the Diono Radians are great seats. They work rear facing for several years and then forward facing for several more. The booster feature is basically useless but with 2 short kiddos a radian should be more than enough to get them to a safe booster age. Boosters are much less expensive so I wouldn't worry too much about needing to buy one later.

However, for your ff 3 year old I would look at getting a combination seat. That is one that ff with a harness and then the harness is removable so it can be used a booster seat with the vehicle seat belt. The Evenflo Maestro and the Harmony Defender are both low profile combination seats that should last your 3 year old several years.

For your 7 month old anything rf is going to be hard to get past so I wouldn't worry too much about that. If you like the radian and it fits in your vehicle go for it. If not, there are many other convertible seats that will keep your baby rf for several years and cost a lot less than a radian.

aporthole

Harmony Defender would be a great choice for the 3 year old. Or can be hard to find at the moment side much of the stock is sold out while Harmony waits for their next batch of seats to arrive from manufacturing. If you need a seat ASAP the Evenflo Maestro is also pretty good as far as being lower profile. It won't last long in the booster function but as a harnessed seat it works well.

jessicagail

What seats are your children currently riding in and why do you want to replace them? What car do you drive?

Any of the Diono Radians are great seats. They work rear facing for several years and then forward facing for several more. The booster feature is basically useless but with 2 short kiddos a radian should be more than enough to get them to a safe booster age. Boosters are much less expensive so I wouldn't worry too much about needing to buy one later.

However, for your ff 3 year old I would look at getting a combination seat. That is one that ff with a harness and then the harness is removable so it can be used a booster seat with the vehicle seat belt. The Evenflo Maestro and the Harmony Defender are both low profile combination seats that should last your 3 year old several years.

For your 7 month old anything rf is going to be hard to get past so I wouldn't worry too much about that. If you like the radian and it fits in your vehicle go for it. If not, there are many other convertible seats that will keep your baby rf for several years and cost a lot less than a radian.

Im driving a 2013 town and country with the carseats in the captain chairs. Son is in a infant carrier carseat which i dont "need" to change yet daughter is in a big bulky carseat that can rearface. Ive thought about putting son in her carseat rearfacing and just getting her a new seat. I really want something that doesnt take up the whole seat because it makes it hard for people to get in the back seat right now. Its impossible to get past the infant seat and daughters carseat is so big that you cant get past it either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC