Question Need a new car seat (Moved)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How old is he? That will help us decide on a rear facing, forward facing, or booster seat. Do you have any other kids in the backseat? Any budget constraints?

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Around $100 there may not be a lot he can fit into rear facing. The Cosco Scenera, Cosco Apt, and Safety 1st onSide Air might fit him by height rear facing. They're all well under $100.

Just over $100 you might be able to find a good deal on a Graco My Ride, especially if you can do a trade in a BRU right now, and I hear Buy Buy Baby is matching trade in prices. Maybe also an Evenflo Triumph 65.

Otherwise forward facing, the Evenflo Maestro is under $100. The Evenflo SecureKid is the next most economical, but it's often about $130.

Wendy

Kat_Momof3

just posting to also mention the Guide 65 for a convertible under 100 dollars... taller top slots than the others mentioned and probably the seat I'd go with...

And to add that by SecureKid, she means the 300 or 400 (the 100 only has a 40lb weight limit and so you should skip that one)

deere2305

What would be the best car seat to buy for him and whats the price? more people are telling me he should be rf still but i would like to hear what you guys think
thanks
John

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
At just three if you could rear face, that would be ideal. If you can't, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. My daughter will be three in less than two weeks, she's rear facing and will be for at least another year, maybe two. But she's about to outgrow her travel seat rear facing, and so for travel soon she will be forward facing. I'm not going to stress over it a whole lot.

There is no best seat. The best one for you is the one that fits your child, fits your budget, fits your car, and will be used properly 100% of the time. For a three year old at his size, either rear or forward facing will work. Rear is safER, forward is not unsafe. All carseats pass the same testing, so we don't know if any is more or less safe than another.

If push comes to shove and there are three or four that you guys like in your budget that fit in your car, pick the one you like the look of the best. :)

Wendy

deere2305

what would you buy i am not to worried about the price i just want a seat that is good and ideally be able to have him rear facing i said 100 just to see what there was but i am not sure that i like the ones around that price

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Not going to tell you what to buy. :) But around there I'd look at the My Ride, Evenflo Triumph 65, Safety 1st Complete Air. Those would be my top three, though they're over $100.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC