Nautilus or Maestro for second car?

bobbs7

My soon to be one year old is about to inherit his big brother's RA50 Classic, and Scenera. The Scenera is in DH's car and isn't used as often. So I need two new seats for my already FF'ing 3 and a half year old. I have already decided on the new Britax Frontier 90 as the primary seat for my car, and was going to go with the Evenflo Maestro for my DH's car, as they don't ride in there a whole lot, and I didn't want anything expensive at all. Then I saw an awesome deal on a Nautilus for $95. I can get the Maestro at BRU with a 20% off coupon for about $64. Is the Nauti worth the extra $? Will it last longer than the Maestro, as I have heard this seat is outgrown before true booster age?

ADS

nannykates

If your kiddo might need the extra 15lbs harnessed or if you want it last longer in booster mode I would go with the nautilus. I'd you want it to be a travel seat as well then maestro. Even if your older child outgrows it you have someone to hand it down to.

bobbs7

If your kiddo might need the extra 15lbs harnessed or if you want it last longer in booster mode I would go with the nautilus. I'd you want it to be a travel seat as well then maestro. Even if your older child outgrows it you have someone to hand it down to.

Oh right, I never thought about the travel seat aspect. I have heard some things about the crotch buckle on the Nauti, and would like for others to weigh in as well! I have heard this can be uncomfortable for boys, especially since heard that certain models of the Nautilus don't have as many crotch strap positions. Is this true and does it hold any weight?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I like the Secure Kid a little better than either one of those, because the headwings make it a taller booster than the Maestro, the LATCH is super nice, and it has more crotch room for growing kids than the Nautilus does. Whichever one you go with, you'll still very likely need a cheap backless booster to get a kid all the way to seatbelt age (and hand this one down to the baby when the Marathon expires anyway). But you can try your kiddo in all three of them and see which works best for him.

(I started typing this before I saw your reply, I guess since I brought it up myself, yah, the crotch position issue is the biggest complaint I hear from people about the Nauti (the Argos is even shorter!))

bobbs7

I like the Secure Kid a little better than either one of those, because the headwings make it a taller booster than the Maestro, the LATCH is super nice, and it has more crotch room for growing kids than the Nautilus does. Whichever one you go with, you'll still very likely need a cheap backless booster to get a kid all the way to seatbelt age (and hand this one down to the baby when the Marathon expires anyway). But you can try your kiddo in all three of them and see which works best for him.

(I started typing this before I saw your reply, I guess since I brought it up myself, yah, the crotch position issue is the biggest complaint I hear from people about the Nauti (the Argos is even shorter!))

I just checked out the Secure Kid. What is the difference between the 300 and 400? The 300 seems to be the better deal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC