Question Nautilus harness adjuster strap fraying???

jb5416

I noticed this morning that the adjuster strap on my son's Nautilus is looking pretty fuzzy, particularly around the sides. The seat has been in use for less than a year (DOM 07/08). Anyone else have this issue? I hope it's ok to use--I tried to call Graco but their reps are in a training today.
TIA,
Jessie

ADS

firemomof3

This happened to my GN, I just emailed Graco with the model # and dom. I received a new harness in the mail less than a week later :)

Kayleen

According to Graco the harness adjuster strap (Down between the feet) is not a replaceable item. You will need to replace the whole seat. Either take it back to the store you got it from with receipt and original packaging OR wait for Graco to send you a shipping label to send the seat back to them for them to take their sweet time sending you a check for the base price of the seat for you to purchase a new one. Not an option when you only have one seat and can't afford another.

I had that same issue. It was going to take 2+ weeks for them to process everything for me to get money that did not cover the whole purchase price (minus tax and if you ordered offline, minus S&H). I opted to return it to hte store (Only had it for a month) and get a new one. Starting to have the same issue with this new GN as well.

I should be able to adjust the straps each and everytime I place my child in teh seat without having to worry about fraying on the adjuster strap. My fraying was along the length of the strap about 3 inches just an 1/8 inch in from edge. Same thing with new one. Never had that issue with my Graco Safeseat infant seat.

jb5416

They're sending me a new seat "bottom". So now my son's seat will have a brand new bottom and a slightly used top. Whatever. I think it sucks that it started to fray this early on.
Jessie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC