Narrowest cheapest 3 across you can think of?

PHaley

I'm driving a 1991 Oldsmobile Wagon now and back to nannying now that my little one is 6 months! The vehicle is huge but the backseat is surprisingly NOT! Lap belt only center, Lap/shoulder outboard but they do not lock and locking clips are required :mad: Money is definitely an issue so $300 is probably a reasonable MAX for all 3! Currently no top tethers, not sure if they can be added. Would prefer all harnessed if possible due to lack of impulse control in oldest! Can also start with 2 if the OBA35 could be puzzled for one of the babies til I can save up for DD an XTSL :whistle:

Primary Riders will be:
DD 6 months 20lbs 26" currently using top slots in OBA35
DCB 8 months mom will update stats Monday but approx same as DD
DCG turns 5 in Feb, avg size like around 45lbs 40ish inch, wears sz 6 clothes

Give me your best possibilities so I can have a starting point and price shop :) Thanks :love:

ADS

momtoo3

I would also go with 2 Sceneras and a Nautilus. You could get all 3 seats for under $200 without tax at Target through tomorrow. Ours was out of the Nautilus so they were giving rainchecks which could buy you some time to save money too. You could also check Target for a Complete Air (or 2) for the babies. They would last longer than the Sceneras and were on clearance for about $98. We love our Complete Air and Nautilus.

PHaley

Thank you icnee and momtoo3 for your help. I will definitely be heading to target when I get up! But in that this needs to be narrow as well as cheap I'm wondering how a ff CA compares to the GN harness and width wise? My thinking is dcg-ff ca65, dcb-rf Scenera, dd-oba35 then in June when I loose dcg to camp then kindergarten dd can have the ca rf. Otherwise does isn't the gn kind of wide? Which 2 convertibles are more likely to puzzle well with it? 2 of the same or one of each? Sorry for so many questions but I don't think target will let me try them in the car 1st

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Is the "average size" 4yo really 45#? 40" and 45# reads to me as on the big/solid side for that age. I'm only questioning because if he's really 43" and 38#, for instance, then a Maestro with two Sceneras is a reasonable and inexpensive solution..

I don't think it's unusual for a 4yo to still need to be harnessed, BTW. I think it's developmentally appropriate and not a "lack of impulse control!".

Kat_Momof3

are you sure the seatbelts don't have lightweight locking latchplates or locking retractors??

I ask this because my grandpa had a 91 oldsmobile (sedan, though, not wagon) and it had lightweight locking latchplates... and my grandma's '90 two door olds had locking retractors (you notice these things when you're a kid and the seatbelt keeps locking when you pull it out all the way to buckle yourself... and when the latchplates in your grandpa's new car look funny to you)

PHaley

Measured the big girl today, she is 45" tall, 24.5" seated and 16" torso. Still need to get exact weight.

There is a patch sewn to each outboard backseat seatbelt saying that they require a locking clip. The front seat locks and the center seat. Is there any other way for me to test it?

I got the Scenera before the sale ended but was unsure about the Nautilus and now the sale is over :( And I didn't see any clearance CAs (or any at all for that matter) at my Target so I'm shopping for the best price if thats still an option.

So until I work this out we are stuck in the house :( So I'm back to my original thought of DD-OBA35 for now, DCB-SC40, DCG-?? (but whatever she goes in would be nice to be able to pass down to DD once DCG leaves us this summer) Oh and the budget is more like $125-150 now!

DahliaRW

If you don't care about passing down, you could also try to find a good deal on a rstv or safegard go (whatever it's called now that it's made by someone else) if you truly need a super narrow seat. Otherwise I'd do a maestro or if it'll install and you can find a really good deal or buy one off of someone here, a radian.

babyherder

Get the radian you want for your daycare girl and pass it to your dd later?

Get a maestro for your daycare girl since its narrow and you won't have her for too long?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC