Question narrow booster

U

Unregistered

I searched the forum and see a lot of posts on this topic from 2007-2009 so I just want to see if there is new info, new seats, etc.

I'm looking for a hbb with a narrow base. 3rd row right seat of my Enclave seems to be too tight a fit for the turbobooster (it pushes right against the stalk and is hard to buckle). Nautilus had worked ok but was a pain to take in and out because it's heavy and it's akward to get to the 3rd row --- and we do take this seat in and out a lot.

Older posts recommend the Parkway. Is this still the leading recommendation for a narrow booster?

I'm not a fan of spending $90 for our "spare" booster (mainly carpools). Is it ok to buy a booster 2nd-hand, or is that a no-no just like for harnessed seats? Seems like it might be different because I don't think you're relying on the structural integrity of a booster the same way as a harnessed seat.

Thanks!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Welcome! The Harmony Dreamtime booster, I believe, is pretty narrow. According strictly to numbers, the TurboBooster is narrower than the Parkway, but it's really more how the booster is designed for your needs. The Evenflo Amp hbb or the BigKid DLX (this is the version with EPS foam) are narrow as well.

How old is your child? Is a backless booster a possibility? There are some really narrow ones, mostly Harmony boosters.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Buying a used booster is not recommended, just like with harnessed seats. While the booster is primarily positioning the seatbelt properly, it also takes some crash forces in the case of an accident. A used booster could have been involved in an accident or have been checked on an airplane and mishandled or had its integrity compromised in some other way. Even well-meaning people selling booster seats may not realize the potential damage that their boosters may have taken in something like a minor collision and not realize that the booster needed to be replaced, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC