Narrow Booster Needed: Bodyguard?

mstarr

CPS Technician
I am trying to get three across in my Volvo V70. I have a Marathon FF and a Roundabout RF in the outboard positions. I cannot get them next to each other with one in the middle. I need to carry a third child home from daycare (in town less about 5 miles) and the only empty spot is in the middle. However, I only have about 16 inches at the base and 13 inches where the shells curve out on the Marathon and Roundabout (at about 12 inches up off the seat). The child that will be in the middle is only 3-1/2 but he is 41 lbs and 43 inches tall and long in the torso so he will "fit" in a booster but he may or may not be mature enough (he currently uses the Marathon and a Husky). I would prefer to leave him harnessed but short of buying a new car for a short-term carpool, he's the oldest and biggest so I'm hoping since he'll be wedged in the middle and close enough to me to decide to behave! The best choice, as far as I can tell, is the Bodyguard but since they are being discontinued my only choice would be to order one online. I cannot get the Parkway in this spot--I've already tried so I hate to order a Bodyguard and have the same problem. I like the idea of lock offs so he can't get out too. Will it be narrow enough at the 12 inch up spot? I think Darren's review says the base narrows to 13-1/2 so I thought I may be okay depending on how the mid-back width is. If not, are there any other narrow options? Also, why is Britax discontinuing the Bodyguard? Are there any issues with it?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC