My Size 70 sound like a good match?

babybear1003

Hello,

I'm looking for a seat for my MIL. It sounds like the my size 70 would be a good match, but I just wanted to know your thoughts.

We need something that is easy to install as it will be coming in and out of the car often. We also need something that can accommodate my 16 month long stringbean and SIL's 8 month old little nugget RFing as long as possible. She doesn't want to pay more than $150, which is how much this would be at BRU with a coupon. Sound like a good seat?

One of my questions about the seat is the head rest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm understanding that it's rare to be able to use the head rest in a higher position than the shell while RFing. Like, normally the head rest needs to be on the low position contained within the shell. It seems with this seat you can extend it pretty far past the shell and still RF. Is there any information out there as to how this head rest is attached? I know they don't release crash test data, but I just would appreciate any information or opinions as to whether this is really safe.

ADS

cm_nghs1

I have no info on the headrest as I'm in canada and we dont' even have this seat here.

But from what I've read-- this seat should be a great seat for a tall kiddo as well as an easy one to switch between kiddos :)

vmmatula

From what i've always read, whether or not its "really safe" is only known by the fact that it passed the tests so we have no reason to think they're not. I would say the headrest is similar to the Frontier if you've worked with that; it's sort of like when you extend a curtain rod(weird example but I cant think of all the other things I know that are similar) where it has a smaller portion that fits inside the larger and slides out to lengthen...the headrest portion fits down in side the seat and one notch at a time can be pulled out to make it taller. While I was amazed that i could quickly & easily get it installed at the right angle in my '00 Elantra which tends to be a hassle with most seats, I was most amazed that the headrest could be fully extended and still didnt hit the drivers seat (almost all the way back)...this has NEVER happened before;) The headrest "feels" quite sturdy and not at all like its flopping around or bendable above the shell of the seat.

If you have a long torsoed kid, this would be an awesome ERF seat, however, long legs might not be so easily accomodated, not horrible, but not as comfy for as long as some other seats(Radian, Evenflo Triumph Advance) My friend's 3.5 year old is pretty comfy in it but mine is probably 3 inches taller and definitely was not.

Oh and switching between kids is literally the same step as adjusting the headrest since it is what determines shoulder strap height. Super slick! (the Triumph Advance/Triumph 65 is that easy too not sure how other features compare but it might be worth a little checking)

Hope that helps.

Phineasmama

I have one and I think it would be great for your situation :) I had it installed (RF) for my almost 4 year old son, and one day I wanted to put my 13 month old daughter in it, so I just slid the head rest down, easy as pie!

If the car seat says the rear facing height limit is within the head rest and not the shell (like this one is) then it has passed testing that way and is safe to use that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC