News my radian xtsl arrived!

MommaTo3inNH

Woot!! So excited!! I ordered the Radian 80xtsl in petal from Albee baby on monday and it got here Friday! (239.00 & free shipping) It's got a 3-2011 DOM so I will get full life out of it!

Dd (4.5y 40lbs) will ff in it until the baby (arriving 9-29) outgrows her graco ss35. At that point dd will be booster ready and the baby will get a good 6.5-7 years out of the radian til she is booster ready. Truly the last carseat we will ever need!! (though I may end up buying another one for dhs car once dd goes into a booster...)

Just wanted to share my news on here. Dh doesn't get my excitement. I spent all last night playing around with it, reading the book and adjusting it for dd. Today, if I'm feeling up to it, will be installation day! Her blvd will go into dhs car, radian into mine. We will be detailing my car also - it's been a year since it's had any TLC!

Thanks for listening to my celebration! :)

Eta - dd can totally buckle herself in, and undo the chest clip herself!! Huge plus for when she starts pre-k in the fall!!

ADS
I have an XTSL too. Just beware of the SuperLatch issues, they have been loosening up in some cars, especially RFing, kids are able to loosen the latch simply by hitting their foot into it--the seat then basically becomes un-installed.

I have decided to install the seat using the vehicle seatbelt to avoid any issues.

MommaTo3inNH

I was actually unable to get the latch tight enough so just did seatbelt install. I think it's just because I'm so big and couldn't get leverage enough to pull the strap up. Awsome install with the seatbelt, and I was able to move it closer to the door so once the SS base goes in ds will have plenty of room on his side (he's seatbelt only)...

Enjoy your new seat!!!

bnsnyde

It was exciting reading this!
I hope to get an XTSL soon, too.
We have its home all ready in the van. Just need to put it in. :)
And my girl can stay RF!

lovemybabybug

How exciting! I borrowed my friend's for the past week and have to give it back tomorrow. I am so bummed about it :p I absolutely loved it, even though it was a pain to install and there's no room for a passenger up front :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC