My baby boy is too big for his seat! Please help!

briarlynn2014

Hello! I am a first time mom, my son just turned 10 months. He is 30.5 inches long, and 26 lbs He is obviously too big for his infant car seat (britax B-safe/B-agile travel system), but I don't know what to do next! I have internet searched, but it is just full of "big brand" ads trying to sell their products. I am on an average budget, and I want to rear face as long as possible, any suggestions on decently priced brands and types ranked highly in safety? I would really appreciate some advice and insight.
Thanks in advance!
Georgia Harrison
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS
U

Unregistered

I can afford up to 350. And I drive a 2007 Chevy Silverado extended cab.

cookie123

Look at the recommended seats list linked above. In the mid range, the Graco Headwise and Size4Me and Contender are well like and rear face and forward face a long time. Higher priced are the Britax click tights which will also rear face a long time, but short crotch strap and not a lot of leg room are downfalls. Also the Graco For Ever and the Milestone are well liked in the $250 - $300 range. The sides aren't as high as on the other Gracos, and they will forward face and booster later. The Radians are well liked and will also rear face a long time, but maybe not quite as long as the others I mentioned. They are low to the seat and the sides are low which is nice for leg room and ease of loading and unloading. Their booster mode is not usable unless you have a heavy short kid, but I don't generally worry about booster mode when thinking about rear facing. Boosters aren't expensive.

Last edited:

cookie123

Also if you visit Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby they will let you try seats in your vehicle. I would research ahead of time what you think you'll like and narrow it down a bit so you don't have to try every seat!

U

Unregistered

Wow! Thank you all so much for the quick responses and advice! This has All been so helpful!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC