Moved: Choosing a Radian 65 SL vs. 80 SL vs. XT SL

psygrad

Hi. My son is 13 months. He weighs 23 pounds and is 34 inches. I drive a Honda Accord 2009. After all your help from this site, I have decided to get him the radian car seat. After finally making that decision, I now have to decide which radian to get! Any recommendations?
thanks!

ADS

ulrich7

Re: Choosing a Radion 65 SL vs. 80 SL vs. XT SL

I don't know a whole lot, just what I've found on here and in my own research. The 65SL still only rf to 40lbs., so if you don't care about the super latch it probably isn't worth the extra money. The XT have the headwings, some people like them others not so much. Then there are all the colors to choose from.

ctbcleveland

I continue to buy the 65s because I don't see myself rear-facing past 40 lbs. I don't like the headwings on the XT and most kids don't use the higher weight capacity of the 80.

I like the idea of SL because my car has the lowest latch limit out there. I don't know if I would use it to the weight limit of the seat, but would be comfortable in the mid 40 lbs range (my car is a 40 lb latch limit).

Last edited:

clmchrissy

If I had a girl I'd be all over the 80 or XT, but I don't so the 65 works for us. I prefer the SL too since my latch limit is 40lbs & my passenger side seatbelt is twisted (the latchplate is). I really don't think a child would use either FF past the same age/wt versus the other (65 or 80lbs), but for a heavier younger child the 80 & XT offer a great rf limit.

kathysr98

I'm very happy with our XTSL so far. In fact, the second one arrived today. My major reasons for getting the XT were that we were moving from a seat with large headwings, and I liked that part of the previous seat, and I felt like it wasn't much more money to get the XT versus the 80. I wanted the 80 or XT because I wanted a 45lb RF limit because I want to go from RF to booster if possible, and a 45lb limit makes that more likely.

nomatt

I really liked our Radian80, and I don't think that I find the wings on the XT that we have now to be all that great. I think they are a pain to adjust and move.

Don't know if anyone else has this problem or not and I seem to have more issues figuring out the XT than I did the regular 80. Take this for what it's worth... when my son moved up to the top slot on the seat, the wings have to be moved up really high and now don't really do all that much. The wings have to be up equal to the top slot and it gives a lot of time that the wings are not really doing their job. I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong.

The seat is still my son's favorite and we have room left in it and he'll be 6 in April.

Good luck,
Sandy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC