More stroller advice - very Britax centric!

Lilybug1

Okay, here's my current rundown of stroller:

I currently have an uppa baby vista single stroller. I hated the fold/unfold mechanism and bulkiness so it basically stays parked in my house. We use it often for walks. I do not like the rumble seat in which the one child basically faces the back seat of the other child. I was thinking of trying to sell this one, but my nanny loves it. Anyhow, not really sure how much money I'd get for it, since it's a 2010.

Then, I have Baby Jogger City Mini Double. I love, love, love the fold/unfold. There are a few things I dislike though: manly, the basket and I hated the infant seat adapter. Also, the wheels tend to lock up on me. i also wanted the option of buggy board for my 4 year old to hop on and off when her "feet get tired." I was not planning on selling this one, but I was planning on keeping it in my car mostly and buying a BOB revolution dual lie and keep it mostly parked in my house for walks, jogging, etc. (to replace the Uppa Baby Vista).

I will soon have a newborn and 20 month old. I also have a 4 year old, but she can mostly walk.

SO here's my question, I got a Britax Chaperone for a steal that I could not pass up. I know it's big and bulky. My kids tend to be born bigger and stay on the 90% percentile weight/height track. In the past, the other infant seats have been annoying to lug around very quickly. The baby jogger adapter was a joke last time and I wished I had one of those snap and go thingies.

Well, now that I got the Britax Chaperone, I'm wondering if it's worth selling my Baby Jogger City Mini Double for the B-Agile double.

Or should I stick with BJCMD and get a b-nimble as a snap-n-go essentially. My issue is, of course, this is single so not really ideal given the 20 month old. Also, I already have a higer end umbrella stroller (the Uppa Baby G-luxe), which I actually love, but unfortunately my 17 month really rips the thing apart. She pulls up the sticks on the side and basically takes it apart at the legs while she is sitting in it! I'm a little concerned about it's lifespan given this kind of treatment.

So, that's all the background, but just to simply my questions:
1. Does anyone know how the BOB rev duallie adapater works with the Britax Chaperone? I'm wary of adapter about the BJCM-D experience.
2. Being that I will have a heavy child and heavy infant seat (Chaperone), should I try to sell and upgrade my BJCM-D for a B-Agile double? Or should I just get the b-nimble and hope there is always some there to push the 20 month along as well.

Thanks...sorry so long.

ADS

wnkw

Okay, here's my current rundown of stroller:

I currently have an uppa baby vista single stroller. I hated the fold/unfold mechanism and bulkiness so it basically stays parked in my house. We use it often for walks. I do not like the rumble seat in which the one child basically faces the back seat of the other child. I was thinking of trying to sell this one, but my nanny loves it. Anyhow, not really sure how much money I'd get for it, since it's a 2010.

Then, I have Baby Jogger City Mini Double. I love, love, love the fold/unfold. There are a few things I dislike though: manly, the basket and I hated the infant seat adapter. Also, the wheels tend to lock up on me. i also wanted the option of buggy board for my 4 year old to hop on and off when her "feet get tired." I was not planning on selling this one, but I was planning on keeping it in my car mostly and buying a BOB revolution dual lie and keep it mostly parked in my house for walks, jogging, etc. (to replace the Uppa Baby Vista).

I will soon have a newborn and 20 month old. I also have a 4 year old, but she can mostly walk.

SO here's my question, I got a Britax Chaperone for a steal that I could not pass up. I know it's big and bulky. My kids tend to be born bigger and stay on the 90% percentile weight/height track. In the past, the other infant seats have been annoying to lug around very quickly. The baby jogger adapter was a joke last time and I wished I had one of those snap and go thingies.

Well, now that I got the Britax Chaperone, I'm wondering if it's worth selling my Baby Jogger City Mini Double for the B-Agile double.

Or should I stick with BJCMD and get a b-nimble as a snap-n-go essentially. My issue is, of course, this is single so not really ideal given the 20 month old. Also, I already have a higer end umbrella stroller (the Uppa Baby G-luxe), which I actually love, but unfortunately my 17 month really rips the thing apart. She pulls up the sticks on the side and basically takes it apart at the legs while she is sitting in it! I'm a little concerned about it's lifespan given this kind of treatment.

So, that's all the background, but just to simply my questions:
1. Does anyone know how the BOB rev duallie adapater works with the Britax Chaperone? I'm wary of adapter about the BJCM-D experience.
2. Being that I will have a heavy child and heavy infant seat (Chaperone), should I try to sell and upgrade my BJCM-D for a B-Agile double? Or should I just get the b-nimble and hope there is always some there to push the 20 month along as well.

Thanks...sorry so long.

I know nothing about the others, but we have been using the b-nimble with our chaperone. Works great. I even pushed 55lb dd in it at the zoo the other day. We have been using it much more than b-ready. Dd2 is 6.5 mo around 18-19 lbs. We haven't switched seats yet bc its so easy to snap into strollers. A b-agile double would prob work great. Wayfair has some b-nimble. I got mine when the clearance stuff was acting up for $65..

Lilybug1

OMG! I wish I could get a bnimble for $65. That's how I got the chaperone - a wayfair mistake - but if I could get a b-nimble for $65, it would be a no-b brainer.

sparkle3116

I'm having a similar dilemma. I have a purple :love: BJCM single that I used with the car seat adapter for my first, who will be 2 years old when baby is born this summer. I liked the BJCM with my Graco infant seat, but not having to take the car seat adapter off to fit the stroller in my trunk. Currently, I keep my UppaBaby G-Lite in the trunk for him, but obviously that won't work for a newborn.

I also have a Chaperone for baby #2, so I'm seriously considering a B-Agile to avoid the car seat adapter issue, but I'm not sure whether to sell the BJCM single and buy a single B-Agile or just go with a Double B-Agile (and an SUV to put it in? :p ).

On the other hand, if I could find a killer deal on a B-Nimble it might make a great car stroller. It just seems so small and lightweight to use with a car seat. Does anyone have experience using it with a Chaperone?

I have a B-Ready for use in the neighborhood, so I'm happy with my main stroller, but definitely struggling with what to use as a secondary stroller.

Any ideas/experiences are appreciated.

wnkw

I'm having a similar dilemma. I have a purple :love: BJCM single that I used with the car seat adapter for my first, who will be 2 years old when baby is born this summer. I liked the BJCM with my Graco infant seat, but not having to take the car seat adapter off to fit the stroller in my trunk. Currently, I keep my UppaBaby G-Lite in the trunk for him, but obviously that won't work for a newborn.

I also have a Chaperone for baby #2, so I'm seriously considering a B-Agile to avoid the car seat adapter issue, but I'm not sure whether to sell the BJCM single and buy a single B-Agile or just go with a Double B-Agile (and an SUV to put it in? :p ).

On the other hand, if I could find a killer deal on a B-Nimble it might make a great car stroller. It just seems so small and lightweight to use with a car seat. Does anyone have experience using it with a Chaperone?

I have a B-Ready for use in the neighborhood, so I'm happy with my main stroller, but definitely struggling with what to use as a secondary stroller.

Posted above.. but b-nimble works great.I can hang a few thing on handles without it tipping. With the carseat attached, it is definitlynot tippy. I really like it. Plus the cowmoo on cowmoo is pretty cute lol..

Lilybug1

Now if only I could find a wayfair price glitch - I mean, deal.

I feel like the bagile is basically the same as bjcm so I can't justify having both. How does the fold on the bagile compare to bjcm?

wnkw

Now if only I could find a wayfair price glitch - I mean, deal.

I feel like the bagile is basically the same as bjcm so I can't justify having both. How does the fold on the bagile compare to bjcm?

The b-agile has a button you push first then pull up on strap. Wasn't a big deal to me. What I didn't like was the foam handle would be on the ground..but I dong see that being a big deal
.size wise was pretty comparable..

Lilybug1

Went to bbb today and tried the fold on the bagile double...yes, there is an extra step (pushing button) but it's pretty much the same fold. I do despise all the emergency straps on BJCM-D and mostly keep them unsnapped...so I hope the button removed that need.

I just have to see about selling my BJCM-D bc I definitely can't have both.

The b-nimble would be awesome if I didn't have a 20 month old. But since I do, I will need another single for her whenever we would use the b-nimble which is fine but for the fact that I might actually be alone sometimes and I can't push two strollers

Lilybug1

I'm just wondering if those first 6 months of snap n go ease is worth trading in a stroller for a nearly identical model. Not to mention, the GT version is so appealing due to extra height and wheels.

Lilybug1

Sparkle, congrats on your second!

HadleysMom

I would just get a City Mini Double GT. It could do the work of the BOB and replace your BJCMD.
I don't like our City Select (too long & heavy to push fully loaded) so when our new baby comes in July, I definitely want the double GT.

tinabobena83

Sorry I'm not quite following all of the abbreviations. But we just got a b-ready for our two boys (3 and 7 months) and I totally love it. Not sure if that wasn't an option for some reason? But I love that it's modular and I can use it as a single or double. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC