Monterey or ProBooster?

Andie

What would you pick for a 4'3", 85lb boy with a shorter torso? He is starting to feel kind of squished in the Vivo and would like a new seat. He is slouching to fit into it, so I really want to get something he will sit right in. I'm not ready for him to be in a backless and he has tons of room to grow height-wise in the Vivo, he's only on the 2nd from the bottom setting.

I just got a 2002 Buick Rendezvous, so I do have LATCH, and I like the idea of being able to latch the booster in, but it's not a dealbreaker.

How is the leg support in both seats?

Thanks for any advice!

ADS

autumnlily

What about the Chicco Strada? It doesn't LATCH but it does have expandable sides too? (sorry, not trying to make your decision any harder:cool:)

and tons of leg support

Andie

What about the Chicco Strada? It doesn't LATCH but it does have expandable sides too? (sorry, not trying to make your decision any harder:cool:)

and tons of leg support

I like the Strada, but it only goes to 100lbs, I'm really wanting something with a higher weight limit for him. Sorry, should of added that to my original post!

autumnlily

I like the Strada, but it only goes to 100lbs, I'm really wanting something with a higher weight limit for him. Sorry, should of added that to my original post!

No problem! I just know the Strada gets overlooked often and yes, the 100lb limit is a good reason.

Hmm, I've seen two children try both the ProBooster and Monterey at the same time. I liked the fit of the ProBooster but the Monterey was still acceptable (actually very nice) but both kids liked the Monterey better. One because the fabric that was near the face was plush and the other because of the color (go figure... he did say the ProBooster was comfortable but really wanted the Red Monterey).

Andie

I have the Probooster that you can try.

Oh cool! I generally have Friday/Saturdays off, sometimes Thursdays. Do you still have Wed/Sun off? I think I get off work at 11 on Sunday & 9am on Wednesday, maybe we can get together one of those days? Sunday would likely be better, as Al is in school until 2:45 on Wednesday.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Andie, you could drive here, then we can go to Portland. :D We could hit Segal's. I will help with gas.

Andie

Andie, you could drive here, then we can go to Portland. :D We could hit Segal's. I will help with gas.

That would be fun! The only problem is that I've got anxiety that makes it so I don't do well driving in bigger cities. :eek:

Andie

Hmmm... The Monterey is on Gaga deals right now. Down to 115. Tempting, just wish I knew if I wanted it or something else!

ETA:
Put it in the cart and it was $86.43!! I think I may just have to go with that.

Andie

Ok, just bought a Monterey for $69.34 w/free shipping! :D I probably could of waited a little longer & got it for less, but I didn't want to miss out on the deal, there was 35 minutes left when I clicked order.

bnsnyde

Monterrey is what I want, but the car it will be used for might need 3 in a row (aunt) so we got the Parkway SGL for her, to have on hand. I don't like it. It's plastic and there is not much to it.

The Monterrey is heavier (another reason we didn't get it for aunt) but for MY car, when child is ready for booster full-time, I want the Monterrey. Steel frame, nice headrest. Sturdy and comfy!

Jakesmama

That is an amazing price for the Monterey!

I think you'll love it. Ds (8) transitioned from a Regent to the Monterey in September and loves it! The fabric is plush and the head wings are great for sleeping. I like that it latches so ds never has to remember to buckle his seat in.

I'm jealous! :)

ginny4

what a great deal on the monterey. i had to stay away from that......i believe i want one for DS3 however he wouldn't even need it for another 1.5yrs.

DS1 & DS2 fit the monterey VERY well til they outgrew it. My DD now fits well in it too & has many more years to grow in it

Kat_Momof3

wow... that is a short torso...

since he's feeling squished in the Vivo (and that takes some really broad shoulders), I vote for the Monterey... also, with a short torso, I expect he's leggy, so that extra leg support should be good.

I see that's what you bought, but still chiming in to let you know that's what I'd have done.

Andie

Thanks everyone, glad to have extra confirmation that I chose the right seat! I guess it just was meant to be, it came on GagaDeals the same hour I posted this! :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC