Monterey or Parkway?

MommyofThree

My son has officially grown out of the Evenflo Maestro and needs a booster for an extra seat. He is 45 lbs and 45 inches tall and 6 years old. I like both seats from what I have seen on the internet but I have never seen them in person. Size is not really an issue. Does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks

ADS

Jessica61624

I'm a huge Monterey fan. The shoulders expand to fit older booster riders. It fits 3 across in my alero which is sooo small.
I like the britax seats for the sg clip. They're both good hbb.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How broad are his shoulders? As long as they're not super-narrow, I would probably go with the Monterey. It is notorious on here for not fitting smaller booster riders well, but I have had good fits on almost all of my nanny kids, albeit sometimes with the headrest up a click. The key seems to be how broad the child's shoulders are.

OTOH, when I tried out the Parkway, it didn't fit even my larger kids terribly well, and I needed the SG clip to get a good lap belt fit on the then-4yo. There are many here who like it well, though.

If you have them nearby to try out, I would recommend trying them with your DS in the car. If not, I would order from a place with good return shipping. They are both very nice seats (I would ride in a Monterey if I could! :love:) but neither are one-size-fits-all like, say, the Turbo. The fit is definitely child and car dependent.

Mysweethoneybee

I love the Monterey! My extra large (48 inches 70lbs) nearly 4 year old fits in it and it has good belt fit for him tho when we start using it he will have a ez on harness with it. My almost 17 year old finds it comfortable and sits in it to watch television. It is sitting in our living room waiting for the moment my youngest outgrews his Regent.

MommyofThree

Thanks so much. I really like the monterey also. Just wish it had the sg clip like the britax:( He is average for his age. About 45-50 percentile for height and weight at 6 yrs old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC