Mighty Tight

kflek

I know I read that these are not safe BUT if it is made by Sunshine Kids and they have safety tested it then why wouldn't I be able to use it on my Radian. I have one that the previous owners of my house left behind.

ADS

kflek

Becasue I can't get my Radian tight enough forward facing. It's rock solid rear facing with latch but I can't get it even close forward.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Actually, it does allow use of the MT (I think Splash heard you couldn't? Russ told me you could...)...but the automakers don't approve of them, and they are illegal in some states...

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would be looking for permission from both the auto manufacturer and the car seat manufacturer since it's the vehicle seat belts that are being modified by the mighty tite.

ThreeBeans

Because they damage seatbelts. The seat might not have flown into a million pieces when tested with the Mighty-Tite, but over time, the use damages the SEATBELT, and the most expensive carseat in the world won't help you if the seatbelt shreds on impact.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Actually, it does allow use of the MT (I think Splash heard you couldn't? Russ told me you could...)...but the automakers don't approve of them, and they are illegal in some states...

Hmm, Russ told me you could NOT.

Then again, even if he had said it was safe, he said the safe thing about my defective Radian which turned out to be missing a rivet to hold the seat bottom together.

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC