Met anyone Famous? Post here!!!

Tracy

CPST Instructor
Oh, I forgot Sammy Kershaw, you know, the country singer. My friend and I 'went on the road' with him and his band. Long story, for another time ;)

ADS

Tracy

CPST Instructor
I probably should say I signed a non-disclosure agreement, but here is the scoop. My friend (who shall remain nameless) dated Sammy... I'm not sure what his marital status was at the time, so don't ask me... ;) We would meet them for long weekends on their tour of this area. I can't remember what year it was, but what a wild time we had!! I was just along for the ride :D , but I have to say that arriving at bars before they opened and being part of the band was pretty different than what I thought it would be... not very glamorous! Although there were some perks :cool: !

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bah, movie stars. :p lol Just kidding.

A long-time friend of ours was a stage actress for years and years, and had parts with some big name stars, but she suffered a really bad fall about the time she started getting famous. She told me the other day that it worked out in the end because she's a research historian now and she HATED being well known. Unfortunately :rolleyes: , she's VERY good at what she does, so now she's having to write privacy clauses into her contracts.

As far as politicians, I've known several. Doug Wilder has been a casual acqaintance (sp) for years though Cam's work. We've know him since CJ was in diapers. He's sweet, and very much a "good ol' boy."

Oooh, a politician from Hawaii is my Uncle in Law.... www.edcase.com

(his cousin is Steve Case, the founder of AOL... but he's too cool to hang out with the cousins very much, lah di dah...)

:D

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmmm.....

Rob Thomas and the rest of Matchbox 20-- on a plane to Sydney

Brian Boitano-- at a skating event

Bob Dole -- I was a senior in high school and on a trip dowtown

John Edwards-- I was on a trip downtown

Laura Bush-- at the National Book Festival

Do you notice a theme? Can you tell in which town I live?:p :p

Yoshi

This doesn't count- but my mom met Bill Murray also when she worked at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA,;) :p LOL) anyway, when he found out she was German, he made her sing him a song in German and made her sit on his lap!!! She got his autograph for me, though. :)

skipspin

Lets see. I've met a lot, especially country stars because I worked in Branson at a resort. John Newton's wife, Bob Hope, Brenda Lee, Brad Pitt's mom and sisters (REALLY nice!) and probably a bunch more that I've forgotten or didn't even realize they were famous since I don't really keep up on famous people.

Oh, and I met Jeb Bush at DH's work when his plane landed. I was 8.5 months pg with my DD, in my "old" clothes, and no makeup. I was just dropping of DH's lunch and got introduced. LOL.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
oooh, oooh, oooh - I'd like to steal this one! What is the DC area, Alex? ;) (Sorry, MacGyver - I guess I know this one by heart b/c she's nearby...:p )

Ding, ding, ding!! :) :)

I haven't yet met any of the politicians that I would really like to meet, though. There are several I really would like to meet, but no such luck. :(

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Bah, movie stars. :p lol Just kidding.

ILs are also good friends with Tyrees Allen (Alias's Gordon Dean, among other roles). I've spoken to him on the phone several times.

I sat next to Alan Keyes at the airport once. He was waiting for his family to arrive for a political thing in Des Moines, and I was waiting for my husband to get back from a trip.

MySillyKids

We have the Buzz and Woody and the ones from Monsters, Inc. and Hamm, from Toy Story.

Okay, we have all of them, every Lightening, Sally, Ramone (there are 3), Doc, Luigi, Guido, the Tractor, all of them. There I said it. We are toy-aholics.

But they don't have the Arnold or the Jay Leno, which sucks.

Believe me, I've looked. Probably a royalty issue... they'd probably have to pay Arnold to make a car with his likeness... but they own Buzz and Woody, so no biggy.

We have all the cars too. Bah. lol and of course with ds1's birthday coming up, i'm sure we will get ones we've never seen.

The only person that i've met, was John Ritter, He was cousins with my Grandpa!!

BudgieStew

We have the Buzz and Woody and the ones from Monsters, Inc. and Hamm, from Toy Story.

Okay, we have all of them, every Lightening, Sally, Ramone (there are 3), Doc, Luigi, Guido, the Tractor, all of them. There I said it. We are toy-aholics.

But they don't have the Arnold or the Jay Leno, which sucks.

Believe me, I've looked. Probably a royalty issue... they'd probably have to pay Arnold to make a car with his likeness... but they own Buzz and Woody, so no biggy.

Totally off subject but we have a bunch of them and DS and DD love love love them.
But every single one of them has paint chipped off of them and it really bugs me. Willy the Jeep got totally smashed up last week, like irepairable and when I pay 8.00 plus shipping for a car I want them to last. The Hot Wheels and MatchBox cars aren't like that.
DS' birthday is Saturday and we wanted to get him more(Mack would have been awesome) but the local Toy R Us sells them out in 30 minutes when they arrive. I waited till too late to oder them off of e-bay.
He is getting the Easter Egg Chick for Easter.
The OCD in me wants to buy all of them but I am not paying 300.00 for a bunch of toy cars.

beeman

Ian Tyson, The Rankin Family, and the Arrogant Worms. I met all of these after concert, and they were all great.

kate4478

I met Erik Estrada at a carseat checkup event that was held in my town in February. :D He came to my town for a Mardi Gras parade and got real friendly with the cops at the parade which were all the same cops that also helped with the check up event. So they called him and told him to come over and he did! He is also a CPST, which is probably the only reason he came. I got a pic of him and I on my phone. Anyone know how to get the pic from my phone to my computer? I can post a pic, if I can figure it out. I thought it was really nice of him to come by but what really impressed me is he is also a tech.

Kate

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC