MBUD ~ should I buy one?

canadiangie

I know of someone selling an MBUD. It's a 2008 model. It's red (which doesn't thrill me, but I can buy new skins down the road).

FTR, I *do not* need another stroller. But I sure want one. :whistle:

Anyone own or use an MBUD (or MBUS) I'd love to hear how great they are. It would be used primarily as an outside stroller, though there have been times when I've wanted a sbs again when at the mall, so I might fold it down and haul it from time to time.

So, should I buy it?? :D

ADS

bubbaray

My MBUS could have been my only. :love: 17 strollers later....

I sold mine last year. I miss it, but it was time. No more babies here and looking at it made me a little sad. :(

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would totally get it if you can afford it or if it's for a good price :) You can always get new skins later.

I've owned the double Terrain (imported from NZ before MB came to N. America). Loved it but sold it to get the MBDU so my parents could use it with the swivel wheels. It served well for many years with 2 kids. I've also had the single Terrain. And now still keep the MBUS (and a gazillion skins) for Miss A. eventhough I wear her but the MBUS is for my parents and it's a great one to have around.

It is one of the last strollers that I would sell :)

northernmommy

you won't refret it, Angie...I actually prefer my MBUS over my Chariot, and I thought pigs would fly before I loved another stroller more than that!

lovinwaves

One of the best and most recommended all-terrain strollers out there. If it's a good price for used then I would say get it.

Otherwise, for the money I think there would be a better stroller out there for outdoor use and mall use, and would last your kids longer as far as height goes.

Here is my complaints about it though that I listed in another post:

MBUDs are awesome strollers, but here are my complaints about it (note: These are just complaints, I have ALOT of praise though for this stroller):

Price (well, duh!)

A little too short for me (I am 5'10")

Although the metal footrest is easy to clean up and holds up well, it can make it awkward for kids to climb up in the stroller, and can get hurt on it if they slip.

Too thin of a harness (think twisty), not enough positions (think for a newborn), and they are hard to adjust

Seatback not tall enough

Fold is awkward to me, and I always feel like I am going to pinch my fingers

My tires always had issues staying inflated. Apparently, this a common problem.

The MBUD is probably one of the better 4-wheeled air tire strollers for the city given it's compactness. It is, like I said, on the shorter side, but it's also shorter in length compared to others. It's width is just fine as well for going in and out of doors.

It's superb, and unmatched turning ability makes it easy to whip around in an elevator or inside a shopping area. And, since the wheels are under the stroller (IYKIM?) you don't have to worry about taking a leg off of an instant bystander Or knocking over a display LOL

canadiangie

How reclined are the seats? Newborn + snuzzler doable?

I'm still trying to decide. My e3 is starting to show it's use and the days that I need a double it might be better to have a sbs... again.

What I really need is a bean in the bakery to make this purchase make sense. :whistle:

lovinwaves

I think it lays almost flat for a newborn. Never had a newborn in it, so I can't tell you how a snuzzler would work. I think it would be fine though :)

The sunshade is really the only thing that was the dealbreaker for me. It really truely is useless.

canadiangie

I think it lays almost flat for a newborn. Never had a newborn in it, so I can't tell you how a snuzzler would work. I think it would be fine though :)

The sunshade is really the only thing that was the dealbreaker for me. It really truely is useless.

Yeah, I noticed the canopy is pretty short. I guess though this doesn't need to be my perfect stroller. I wonder if I could attach a double Rayshade to it?

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I guess though this doesn't need to be my perfect stroller.

There isn't a perfect stroller out there :) Just which stroller has more of what you are looking for and how comfortable you are with the 'compromises' :)

ETA: Yes it's usable for a newborn. The recline is almost completely flat (I say my 2004 model has a recline of about 5 degrees off the horizontal line) and a warm and cozy snuggler of kind is ok to use too. I have this set up with the Brookspond cozy. But when she was a newborn to about 3-4 mos old, I bought the Carrycot to use (it's not necessary but totally fun and convenient like an infant carseat vs. a convertible for a sleeping newborn, kwim?)

Last edited:

canadiangie

There isn't a perfect stroller out there :) Just which stroller has more of what you are looking for and how comfortable you are with the 'compromises' :)

ETA: Yes it's usable for a newborn. The recline is almost completely flat (I say my 2004 model has a recline of about 5 degrees off the horizontal line) and a warm and cozy snuggler of kind is ok to use too. I have this set up with the Brookspond cozy. But when she was a newborn to about 3-4 mos old, I bought the Carrycot to use (it's not necessary but totally fun and convenient like an infant carseat vs. a convertible for a sleeping newborn, kwim?)

Exactly.

we had one for a few years and sold it early this year.

i got given it to test from a baby magazine and hated it on site

then........... having used it a few times i fell in love with it.

yep its awkward to fold, yep its heavy to carry, yep the straps are flimsy, yep the seat backs are quite short

but still the best thing in the world to push 2 kids around in. we even used to have our eldest perch on the front and it was still easy to push 3 kids.
we took it on holidays to florida from the Uk and it was a dream pushing round disney.
we used a soft carrycot insert when our youngest was a newborn - and that was more cosy for him than just the seat.

get it - you won't regret it - and if you do, just sell it on.

emandbri

I love my MBUS! So much so that after Benjamin I waited to TTC because my hope was if I had kids 3 years apart I wouldn't need a double. I was spoiled by my MBUS and knew I would hate anything else and didn't want to spend the money on an MBUD :whistle:

My plan didn't really work, I couldn't get Benjamin out of the stroller so most of the time ended up with him in the stroller and wearing Elizabeth.

canadiangie

I have found out that it's an Urban Elite double. What is the difference between a MBUD and a MBUE/D?

It comes with a sun cover, storm cover, and infant seat adapter.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC