Marathon in a Tahoe?

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I just bought a new car today and seeing how it's the weekend and I can't take it to the police station to have it checked, i just wanted to somewhat make sure I'm installing it correctly.

Few questions.... I read the manual and it just ended up confusing me. It shows the center as an option for a car seat, and seeing how DD is an only child, she gets to be in the lucky center. It's a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. I can't install it using the LATCH b/c she's over the weight limit and I feel much more comfortable installing it via the belt path because that's how I've learned how to install it in my other car.

STA70399.jpg

Anywhoo, Does it look like I installed the top tether correctly? The manual was confusing and i found a teather looking thing, but I'm not sure that's the hook i should be looking for

STA70401.jpg

Here is a pic of the side of it installed. It doesn't move more than an inch along the path and it's in there rock solid. I can't move it at all. Is it okay to install it in the center with no headrest? The outboard positions have head rests, but not the center.

Thanks so much for helping!!! Hopefully I can take it in Monday to have it checked by a tech, but I was really looking forward to driving it tomorrow.

ADS

SPJ&E

It looks fine to me (but I'm not a tech). The Marathon doesn't require headrests (as far as I know only the Apex does), so the center should be fine as long as your vehicle's manual permits it!

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Couple things to double check:

The 2nd photo looks like you might have a twist in the shoulder belt. Just check that it is smooth and flat B4 closing the lock off.

Double check your vehicle manual to make sure anchor IS a tether anchor.

You should probably tuck your LATCH buckles into their pockets so they can't "poke an eye out."

Cargo area: consider how you will anchor or tie down any cargo so it doesn't become a projectile.

If you use the cargo area - that LONG tether strap can be rolled up and tucked into that pocket on the back or contained with a rubber band so it doesn't get dirty or tangled up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC