Question Looking for the best convertible car seat

VLsMom

I'm wanting to replace my DD's Scenera for her "main" car seat. We're taking a road trip in 2 weeks and I want something more cushy and comfy for her.

I'm specifically interested in Britax, I'm somewhat familiar with each one, but not 100% sure what all the differences are.

My little one is 17 months, 22 lbs, and will be RF for awhile.

We have a 08 Honda Odyssey.

I like the pull strap at the bottom of the seat to adjust the tightness.

Is there a Britax model that doesn't have slots, more like an adjustable height system?

thanks in advance for answering my questions!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
All but the roundabout and Marathon (cream base) have no rethread harness.

Personally I would look at a Radian, Pria, truefit, myride, triumph. They will last you longer then the Britax. They all pass the same testing.

VLsMom

What is the Pria? I'm familiar with all the ones you mentioned except for that one.

I also own a lot of different brands of car seats (an old Evenflo Triumph, Chicco Key Fit, Britax Frontier, Graco Nautilus, Scenera, Graco Turbobooster)...and love the feel/look of Britax.

I am also concerned about sleeping position and would like side head rests. The radian doesn't look very deep and the Tru fit looks really wide.

cpsaddict

I have a Marathon 70 and love it. Very easy to use and install. DD is also super comfy in it. The harness is a non-rethread and just moves up and down with the headrest. The Boulevard has bigger wings on the headrest. All of them will be cushy and comfy. There may be others that last longer(although the Britax are supposedly short, I am not seeing it with my super tall DD), but IMO, nothing installs quite as easily as the Britax seats.

Cath3114

cpsaddict said:
I have a Marathon 70 and love it. Very easy to use and install. DD is also super comfy in it. The harness is a non-rethread and just moves up and down with the headrest. The Boulevard has bigger wings on the headrest. All of them will be cushy and comfy. There may be others that last longer(although the Britax are supposedly short, I am not seeing it with my super tall DD), but IMO, nothing installs quite as easily as the Britax seats.

I second this. I LOVE our MA70.

VLsMom

Thank you for the input, I have been looking at the MA70. My DD is on the lower range percentiles and is my "little kid" :) so I am not really worried about her outgrowing it. In 4 yrs I will probably want a new seat anyway...haha!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC