Looking for a HBB!

U

Unregistered

Hi! I am looking for a HBB for a 5 year old. The seat will be moved between several cars regularly and must have cupholders! He'll probably fall asleep in it occasionally too. It will occasionally be next to an Evenflo SecureKid and/or a Scenera. I am looking at the Affix in particular but wondering if there's anything else I should consider? TIA!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

The Affix is certainly a popular choice that may work for you. How tall and heavy is the child? Does he have a long torso? What vehicles will it be in? This will help us give you more ideas!

U

Unregistered

He is about 45 inches tall and his torso is 16 inches, if I am doing it right. I have no idea how much he weighs but he's thin. There's about 5 different vehicles he'd be in, from time to time, so I need something that will fit anywhere! All vehicles are less than 9 years old - a Honda, Odyssey, Toyota, Ford, and possibly a babysitter's car.

I like the look and specs of the affix but some reviewers are saying the latch doesn't work well? But we could just belt it in instead of latch anyway, yes?
Thanks!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's fine. The LATCH is the plain hook kind and harder to undo, but it's not mandatory if you are moving it from car to car a lot.
Chicco Kid Fit has easier LATCH hooks (push on connectors with buttons to release) and much better padding, so is also a good choice if your kiddo is ever the type to notice lack of padding (the Affix is pretty hard, that's the main complaint about it on review sites I've noticed, and you can really tell the difference when the seats are next to each other at Target, though my kids never complained in their plain jane Turbos, either, so it's probably kid-dependent!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC