List of convertibles with built-in lock-offs?

ADS

1mommy

I remember an old list, let me search for it and see if I can find it.

Ok here is a list it is old and not all inclusive but a good place to start maybe people can chime in with other seats NOT on the list that have built in lock off's.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=137833

The only ones I know off the top of my head are the new Britax Click Tight's (and G3 and G4 I think), Chicco Nextfit, Peg Perego has it for Forward Facing only, Clek Foonf.

DogznKatz

The Peg's lock off is only a "stabilizer" and not intended to "lock" the seat into place. (I think that is what I recall reading in the manual).

Thanks! I checked the list you referenced and it's good but a lot of the seats are being phased out...

I'm always on the lookout for good narrow, light convertibles for travel and it's so much easier if they have lockoffs. We'll be needing to replace our Roundabout 40's as they expire. Dealing with the locking clip on our Radian has been an issue a few times.

1mommy

Hmm nothing comes to mind with narrow light weight and lock off's, the closest I can think of is the Fllo which is the little sister to the Foonf by Clek, and is around 29 pounds but its narrow. I think the problem is that we don't have many (any?) lightweight expensive seats. All the expensive seats have all the bells and whistles which weigh them down. The Britax "classic" marathon 65 suposedly only weighs 16 pounds according to the info page, but is still bulky and wide.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The Coccoro is lightweight and narrow, and has a removable lockoff (way easier to use than a typical locking clip) for rear-facing and a built-in lockoff for forward-facing. Downside is it doesn't last very long in either mode.

gigi

Thanks! I checked the list you referenced and it's good but a lot of the seats are being phased out...

I'm always on the lookout for good narrow, light convertibles for travel and it's so much easier if they have lockoffs. We'll be needing to replace our Roundabout 40's as they expire. Dealing with the locking clip on our Radian has been an issue a few times.

Me too and it seems to be a pipe dream.

When I travel domestically I bring the Maestro. For international I am stuck bringing my G4 Boulevard. While I am not thrilled about it, I am even less thrilled about using the Maestro without a TT and installed with some give in SUPER squishy Volvo seat with a locking clip (which is what happens at our most frequent international destination).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC