Leapfrog Alphabet Pal 49 cents!

Heather98012

Ok, so my dd is too old for this toy, but the deal is so amazing, I'm getting it for Toys for Tots. Here is the scoop:

Friday & Saturday only the Leapfrog Alphabet Pal will be on sale at Toys R Us for $10.49. Go get the flier, then head to Target. Have them price match the price, then use the $10 off coupon from Target...making it 49 cents plus tax!!!

I'd recommend going on Friday rather than Sat. 'cause chances are, this will sell out fast. Hope this helps if you want it (or want to give it away)! :thumbsup:

ADS

vonfirmath

1. The price match isn't working at Target. They are taking the coupon off then going "Our price is already cheaper than that"

Heather98012

I've read numerous people have gotten the deal, but more people haven't. Apparently Target is saying that since it is a doorbuster deal, they don't match doorbusters. Then again...some people HAVE gotten it, so I guess it depends on the customer service rep you talk to. :shrug-shoulders:

jewlsvern

My mom and I just each got one of these. We had them price match it first and then after everything was rung up I handed her the coupons. We each got one for .49 cents. We did buy other things so I don't think they paid attention.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Both Target's in my town were sold out by 11am this morning...so I assume that means they were doing the price match + coupon.

Heather98012

My target does not price match.

Your Target HAS to pricematch; it's a new policy. However, whether they pricematch a doorbuster item is the issue here. If it's a regular sale item, Target MUST pricematch it now. And you can still use coupons on top of a pricematched item.

CTRS4peds

My Target was going to let me do it, then a front team leader came over as the SA was changing the price and said you cant, it in the policy. I was not able pricematch a door buster deal. It was funny, the FTL came over really fast when she saw him whip out the paper to look at it.

there were none left at my target. I may try the other tomorrow. Anyone have the DCPI number by chance??? I have to head to my mall for my free $10 gift card during the doorbuster times, so I don't want to go over to target unless i know they have it (even then it will wait until Iget my mall gift card ;)

Heather98012

Ok, I got it. It took me standing my ground though. Last night they didn't have any & said it was because they had done the price matches & sold out...as did 2 other ones. So, I called a 4th store, they had it in stock & put it on hold for me. We went there today.

Did some shopping & DH took DD out to the car while I went to guest services (he didn't want to be there for any drama...LOL!). The clerk was a ***** & didn't want to do it. I kept asking her where it said it in their policy, because NO WHERE does it state it online. I also had printed off an email from Target's customer service that says you can use coupons on a price matched item & again, no mention of door busters being an exclusion. She called over a mgr who looked at whatever internal memo they had & said they couldn't do it. I asked for the corp. # & called them (after being assured they were open) & of course, they weren't open. So, I asked for a mgr to go with me to the Kiosk & show me online where it states doorbusters are excluded. This time another mgr came over & said "No, I'm going on break" & I looked at the *****y clerk again & said "Wow, that's excellent customer service....but sorry for you, I'm not leaving until a mgr goes with me to the kiosk." So, the original mgr came back over & was very nice. I showed her the email I printed out & she went in back & called someone. Before she even came back out to go with me to the kiosk, she called the *****y clerk & told her to do it for me.

Meanwhile, while ALL this drama was going on (& mind you, I was polite but firm) the *****y clerk was trash talking me to other clerks & customers. "She's just trying to get a $22 toy for 49 cents" & both a customer & an employee who was new & being trained said something like "Well, I would too!" HA!

So, long story....I got it. I'm confident Target will update their website's policy to state they won't do doorbusters. Or maybe not; I mean, I spent $100 last night & another $35ish today, so they may consider it a loss leader just to get people in the door. Regardless, I'm giving the toy to Toys for Tots & am kinda happy that the nasty clerk had to ring my sale up! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC