Latch Manual help

dragonfly8

If someone has a latch manual, I have a question I was hoping they could answer for me. I checked the manual in my own (new to me) car and it does not specify a weight limit for using UAS. Am I to assume that it has a 40lb max child weight if it does not state anything? I'm pleased at the detail in the vehicle manual re: child restraints, but this one detail, I can't seem to locate.

2006 Suzuki Aerio Fastback (I thought it was a wagon, apparently I'm wrong ;))

Also, when does the new latch manual become available? And how would I order one?

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
dragonfly8 said:
If someone has a latch manual, I have a question I was hoping they could answer for me. I checked the manual in my own (new to me) car and it does not specify a weight limit for using UAS. Am I to assume that it has a 40lb max child weight if it does not state anything? I'm pleased at the detail in the vehicle manual re: child restraints, but this one detail, I can't seem to locate.

2006 Suzuki Aerio Fastback (I thought it was a wagon, apparently I'm wrong ;))

Also, when does the new latch manual become available? And how would I order one?

Maximum weight is given for the Equator model ONLY, and even then it defers to the CR manufacturer. It goes on to state that Suzuki does not state a maximum for other models. Also, it says that (for the equator with no other model info given) that a ff restraint installed with lower anchors must also have the top tether used.

And- there was a wagon until 05 my, the sedan is listed through 07my.

We all co-oped the last manual when it came out in 2011 so that we could pay the lowest available price. Maybe someone else remembers when it comes out? You can also order directly from Safe Ride News, it on on their site.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
trippsmom said:
Maximum weight is given for the Equator model ONLY, and even then it defers to the CR manufacturer. It goes on to state that Suzuki does not state a maximum for other models. Also, it says that (for the equator with no other model info given) that a ff restraint installed with lower anchors must also have the top tether used.

Eta: what seat?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Bingo :)

I've done the co-op for the last two releases, but that was while living in BC and being able to get them from WA directly (without shipping) and with the knowledge that everything was being shipped out of state on their end. Now that I'm in AZ, I don't think I will be able to do this again--generally the manual is released around Feb or March, wasn't it? That's mid-semester of grad school for me.

-Nicole.

dragonfly8

trippsmom said:

Eta: what seat?

A 2011 Britax Frontier XT and a 2010 Sunshine Kids Radian 65.

I'm in Canada, where the use of a top tether is not optional ;)

dragonfly8

I'll call Suzuki in the morning but I just pulled out my RN 65 and checked the manual.

It states this:

Forward Facing UAS installation (for children 22-65lbs)

Do NOT use UAS system to install restraint for a child over 65 lbs.

65 lbs providing Suzuki okays it?

I've also had to remove the head rests in order for both of my car seats (Frontier XT and Radian) in order for the car seats to be flush against the vehicle seats.

It does state in the suzuki manual the following

Never drive the vehicle with the head restraints removed.

However, neither of my car seats require the vehicle head rests (both harnessed) so I felt comfortable removing them.

dragonfly8

So, I spoke with someone from the service dept from Suzuki who said he'd contact someone else who would know the answer to my question.

A few hours later, I received a phone call and this was the reply I did get.

The UAS can be used up until 40lbs because that's when kids go into booster seats.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC