Last year a Husky was made?

Momof4Girls

I have a friend who's looking at Craigs list and someone has a husky listed..."Only used for a few months!"

I know the Husky hasn't been made for a while, but I don't know exactly how much time, max, can possibly be left on it?

So, in sum, LOL, what is the last year that Britax made a husky?

Raechel

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
2005. I got a VERY new one after I sent them my recalled Super Elite, and it was made July 2005. I think the first ones came out in 02 or 03 (the pictorial guide at carseat.org would show). I think most or all have been recalled because they needed a new harness adjuster strap, too.:thumbsup:

lovinwaves

You might mention to her that used carseats could be a potential safety risk. Even if it was only used for a few months.

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/usedseat.aspx

If you are unable to verify that the carseat has never been involved in a crash, do not use it. Above that, you should inspect it carefully to make sure all the parts and labels are intact, and that there are no visible stress marks. You should also verify that the stickers with the manufacturer, model number and date of manufacture are legible. You must also have the owner's manual, or get a copy from the manufacturer. Finally, you need to make sure the used carseat has not been recalled (or if it has, that the appropriate corrections were made). Older seats may not meet current safety standards. Older seats may also be less convenient and more difficult to use, and may lack the latest safety features. If there is any doubt on the condition or history of a used carseat, please destroy it completely and permanently (using a saw or otherwise) and purchase a new one.

From car-safety.org

melniemi

You can get a new husky at babyuniverse.com for $180 if you use coupon code SAVE10NOW. They have huskies listed - don't know the dom tho. They have wizards, too??

Kellyr2

I'd call and ask about DOM, since they're going to be at least 2 yrs old. Which is not bad, at $45/year, but if you wanted to use it more than 4 years, it might be an issue.

Momof4Girls

I'm holding out for a Regent...I have too many littles that will use it to try to save $20 (if Regents go on sale in Feb.)...I'll pass it around to my kids ;)

My friend that was looking knows about used seats etc, and she has a couple used MAs that she bought from a friend (knows the history of the seat and DOM), and then she bought another MA brand new off craigs list (NWT)...for dirt cheap, ($150!!) she said. Her oldest, right now, is FF in a Radian...gotten from SafeKids or something near where she lives.

Anyway, the lady wants $160 for a Husky and will not disclose DOM, so my friend is not interested anymore.

Raechel

Emily'sMom

I called too and talked the lady into a $25 gift card on top of the save 10% code! Came to $164 w/tax and shipped free.

Looks like I either got the last one, or.............. they pulled them.
The csa I spoke with told me her manager wasn't happy they had 2yr old seats on the site and was trying to get them off.
BabyUniverse is now owned by Etoys... they merged 3 warehouses and found the Husky's.

To me, the harness straps on the Husky seem thicker than the straps on the Regent. I disliked like my $169. Onyx Regent sooo much that I sent it back to Amazon.

The DOM on this is 2005. That should work out perfectly for me...
Once again, Thanks for pointed me to the bargain Melniemi
(oopsie........ I meant ....^^^ pointing)

Annie

Last edited:

Chex

"I think most or all have been recalled because they needed a new harness adjuster strap, too."

Are you meaning the Husky's? I have one and didn't get any info about a recall. Should I have?

Thanks,
Ann

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
"I think most or all have been recalled because they needed a new harness adjuster strap, too."

Are you meaning the Husky's? I have one and didn't get any info about a recall. Should I have?

Thanks,
Ann

Affected Husky seats were manufactured through July 23, 2004. If yours has an affected date of manufacture (the DOM should be on a sticker on the Husky, along with the model number), you can call Britax with the model number and date of manufacture info. to request the replacement adjuster strap kit. For reference, here's the Britax recall notice with details: http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/advisory/notice/11kedaj.pdf

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC