Question kinda freaking about seat for tall son.

Zabs

hehe yes, I meant DS not DD. I'm a little behind on sleep. The little one is teething his last set of molars. I'll go fix it now.

And yes, I know that the FPSVD only goes to 33. I could lie to you and tell you that I used a cheapie for those few lbs, but well, I didn't. Instead I used some convoluted logic about how Britax changed their weight requirements without really changing the seats. But I did make sure to turn him right at 35 even though I would love to still have him RF, obviously.

I'll take some pics today, I promise!

ADS

Zabs

My nephew outgrew the FPSVD last year right at 3 yrs old and the same size. The same nephew went into a Nautilus and right now has 1/4" in the GN's harness and was complaining that the crotch strap hurt, so my sil switched it to a booster last week. He just turned 4 two weeks ago.

Thanks so much for this info. That is my exact fear.

henrietta

Thanks so much for this info. That is my exact fear.

Yes, I wouldn't even bother w/the GN b/c of how tall your boys are (like my dn). DN outgrew the FPSVD *rearfacing* at maybe 18-20 mos by height and lasted in it till 3 (as I said) forward facing. It killed me!

I really think the Regent is your best option.

GL!

henrietta

Blondie87

Here is my former foster son who was 4 years old with a 17 inch torso in each seat. He was on the very top slots of the Nautilus and 2nd to top on the Regent.
aaaaaa.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg

I would recommend 2 Regents too, if possible. Here is a thread to show you how you can get the Regent for $134

Zabs

wow thanks, Blondie. What a huge difference in width between the seats. I am sure both of them would be crammed into the GN.

Jennifer, thanks for your pics too. I did install it as upright as I could get it and it did help a little bit. I mean I probably could wait a few more months for big brother. But with regents at this price, I guess I might as well do it as soon as I can scrape the cash together.

Here's some current pics of them in their FPSVDs
big brother...he was kind of slumping down in the first pic and pushing up in the second pic. His shoulders are NOT above the harness height, but right at it.
DSCF8203.jpg

DSCF8207.jpg

little brother who was just moved to the top harness slot a few weeks ago.
DSCF8224.jpg

both
DSCF8231.jpg

jujumum

They are adorable!

What kind of car is that? As other folks said, the Regent is MASSIVE and takes up a lot of space not only width wise but from front to back with the recline bar. I just took ours out of the shed yesterday to try it again yesterday, and it takes up so much space between it and the seat infront that my 12 & 10 year olds would have a difficult time getting around it to get into the back seat. I had too put that big puppy back into the shed.

Try to either try a Regent in your car before you buy or get return shipping insurance just in case.

Zabs

They are adorable!

What kind of car is that? As other folks said, the Regent is MASSIVE and takes up a lot of space not only width wise but from front to back with the recline bar. I just took ours out of the shed yesterday to try it again yesterday, and it takes up so much space between it and the seat infront that my 12 & 10 year olds would have a difficult time getting around it to get into the back seat. I had too put that big puppy back into the shed.

Try to either try a Regent in your car before you buy or get return shipping insurance just in case.

thanks for the advice. its a mazda tribute.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC