Kia Sedona?

ADS

bethng

I corresponded with a Kia Sedona owner yesterday who tried a Regent in the 3rd row, but it would not fit. They were using a Safeguard Go, and were off to try a Nautilus yesterday. I saw a picture of that belt stalk in the third row - even twisted three times it was VERY long.

My regent went in fine in the 3rd row of my 06 sedona.

agurlsride

Will it be RF or FF? I'm pretty sure a Parkway would fit either way, but I'm not sure about a Regent.

It would be ff'ing more than likely. I can't imagine trying to let 2 boys in the back seat with the EFTA blocking the access through the middle. I dont know though (not sure if I would use it for my 4yr old or 2yr old)..I'm not too sure about those plastic things on the harness. Also, I tried the seat out at BRU and I thought the straps were not supposed to move once they were tightened...I was able to move them up and down. I've actually played with a few of these seats and I found the same results. Opinions?

agurlsride

I have a short base 2007 Kia Sedona and have been able to fit my regent in the 3rd row, but I keep it in my second row(captains chair) to give my 5 year old more leg room.

Why is the seat belt stalk twisted I am confused????

03 Sedona's and 07's are different...the buckle stalk is twisted because they are too long to get a proper fit.

Ahhh ok, I was wondering the differences.

My sister was going to look at the older kia's, I am going to advise her against it though..she needs the 3rd set of lap/shoulder belts in back.

Thanks you.

Synchro246

Ok, so I tried doing three across with the seats I had today. It was a no-go, but two of those seats are the Regent and the EFTA--which are uber wide.

Pics of spaces between attempted three across (clickable thumbnails):

Pics of the buckle leghnth in the third row--

Seat all the way back

Seat all the way forward (looks short, but it still needs three twists to do anything)

Place buckle mounts to seat

Kellyr2

I corresponded with a Kia Sedona owner yesterday who tried a Regent in the 3rd row, but it would not fit. They were using a Safeguard Go, and were off to try a Nautilus yesterday. I saw a picture of that belt stalk in the third row - even twisted three times it was VERY long.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think that it will work in an 06. I just played with one today, and tried my Husky in the 2nd and 3rd rows. The belt simply isn't long enough with the recline bar in. If LATCH is used, or if you can take the recline bar out (which, I know, isn't always an option with the newer Regents), it should work. I got it installed well in the 2nd row. With the bar in, the belt was about an inch short. I took the bar out, and it worked. In the 3rd row, I'd only tried with the bar in, and had about an inch and a half. So I'm pretty sure it WILL work, but can't make any promises.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think that it will work in an 06. I just played with one today, and tried my Husky in the 2nd and 3rd rows. The belt simply isn't long enough with the recline bar in. If LATCH is used, or if you can take the recline bar out (which, I know, isn't always an option with the newer Regents), it should work. I got it installed well in the 2nd row. With the bar in, the belt was about an inch short. I took the bar out, and it worked. In the 3rd row, I'd only tried with the bar in, and had about an inch and a half. So I'm pretty sure it WILL work, but can't make any promises.

The Regent installs with the recline bar in the Sedona. It's a newer model, we've done this in, I think an '06. The trick is to recline the vehicle seatback.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC