It is possible

ericarizo

So I know I have seen where people use the infant pillow of the Radian to put through the headwind slot of the XTSL cover so I tried an experiment myself. I put a BLVD70 cover on a RA55. The headwind part has a good thickness to it even though there are no headwings in there.

Disclaimer: This seat cover is not approved for use with this specific seat.

Last edited:
ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Does it affect the fit at all?

The Blvd has the adjustable headrest, right? So how do you accommodate the harness slots of the RA55?

ericarizo

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th harness slots.

Disclaimer: This cover is not approved for use with this specific seat. This was done just for fun.

Last edited:

monstah

Hmm.. I dunno....

I think I was one of the first people to use an XT cover on a 65 but there were no "moving parts". The cover still had the same exact harness slots and the pillow sits at the very top (over the top harness slots) doing nothing.

With that Britax set up, the head rest part will move up and down and might get scrunched up? Maybe for someone with extreme cover awareness.... I know I don't have the patience for that. :p

ericarizo

Ok here is my DS. He is on the 2nd slot. The headrest part did not budge while I was getting him in. It stayed in place as if it was actually attached to something.

Disclaimer: This cover is not approved for use on this specific seat and therefore will not be. This is just for show. Also the chest clip should be at armpit level not as high as in these pictures.

Last edited:

melniemi

I get it. The bv cover is all open in the back, so as long as you line up the slots on the headrest cover with the slots on the ra,it would work fine. Looks cool!

Carrie_R

My feelings on this are that while I'm not ready to give my blessing that it's "totally fine," it's also not giving me a panic attack. Realize that using the cover as such is using something not intended for the seat, is definitely parental judgement, and please be very, VERY careful that everything is lined up properly and there's no extra slack introduced into the harness.

It's hard to make a judgement about this without being hands-on.

ericarizo

This was just for show and in no way will be used like this.

My feelings on this are that while I'm not ready to give my blessing that it's "totally fine," it's also not giving me a panic attack. Realize that using the cover as such is using something not intended for the seat, is definitely parental judgement, and please be very, VERY careful that everything is lined up properly and there's no extra slack introduced into the harness.

It's hard to make a judgement about this without being hands-on.

Carrie_R

Ok :) Still, important to clarify for those who now have this idea in their head, lol. :)

Shanora

Ok can someone explain to me what it is exactly I'm seeing?

Ok never mind, I thought you were putting a Cow cover on the Radian and I couldn't figure out why is still looked like a Britax...lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC