In Search Of ISO CHEAP HWH

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I am in immediate need of the cheapest possible HWH seat I can find. I have a 17 year old friend who has become the default caregiver to a "well rounded" 2 year old weighing approximately 40 lbs. The only seat the child has to ride in is a belt positioning booster. Being a high school student, my friend has no money. And, well, limited driving experience, which makes this situation all the more urgent. My friend and the child are located in the Medford area, but I'm in Portland so anywhere along the Oregon I-5 Corridor is doable (or if you've got something taking up space you're willing to send FFS that would work too).

The child is not tall, so any HWH seat should do. I'm looking for something like:

Evenflo Titan
Britax RA55
Evenflo SureRide
Evenflo Maestro
Evenflo Secure Kid
Safety 1st Complete Air
Safety 1st Guide 65
Harmony Defender
Graco Nautilus

There are NO reduced-cost car seat programs available in her county. I already checked that avenue.

If you've got something collecting dust in the closet that you didn't think was "worth" selling, now's your chance to give it a good home.

Thanks.

If I don't find something within a few days I'll buy something new.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I have a TrueFit that has 15 months left on it. Not in your area but it's sitting in storage collecting dust.

That might work. Any thoughts on how much it would cost to ship to Medford, OR?

Where does she live?

Medford. Well, White City. Which is near Medford. ;)

I'm trying to find someone headed that way this weekend so I can send down my Apex 65 for her for immediate use. But it expires Dec. 31 so it would be a very very temporary fix. So much so that I'm not sure it's worth shipping. I'm taking it as far as Eugene on Thursday. Maybe I'll just go ahead and drive the rest of the way Friday or something.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I've checked shipping on that to my place before. Roughly $40. Pretty much wipes it out as a great deal. :/ I think it's a better option for people who live closer to their warehouse.

munchkin

That might work. Any thoughts on how much it would cost to ship to Medford, OR

I have no idea. I would have to find a box and all that jazz. I'll try to get to it this weekend after the holiday craziness but if you find something else definitely go with that.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Ok, I just went ahead and ordered an $83 Secure Kid from Overstock to have shipped straight to her house. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I need to stop stressing about this situation. And now I know she'll have a safe seat which should serve the child for several years.

Thanks, everyone.

If anybody wants to donate a 2nd HWH seat and can somehow get it to Medford, Eugene, or Portland, it would take another load off my mind. I don't know exactly what the child is riding in when she's with her parents, but my niece described it as "even worse" than my friend's seat, and my friend said she's had it for "at least six years." I suspect it's both outgrown AND expired, whatever it is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC