Is this Cosco seat in the highest position?

ErinGoBragh

This is a little boy on my PG, not my son. He is 32 pounds and 35 inches tall. I was explaining to mom that the headrest in the top position was for booster mode only. She wanted to know if I had a guess about how much longer he has left in this seat before she buys him a GN. Any guesses? Does it look like the headrest is in the upmost position?

1222809609.jpg

1222809304.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

abacus2

Re: How much time left?

He doesn't have long at the current setting, but I don't know enough to be able to tell you whether the headrest is at the top harness position. It might help to change your title to reflect that you're wanting to know whether a Cosco seat appears to be at the top harness position or not.

Maedze

What car is that? It looks like she's borrowing outter latch anchors, and that's not allowed in most cars. Also, I don't think it's on the top usable harness slot.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
One of my daycare kids has this seat.

The child in the photo is using the top USABLE slot for the harness. It's hard to predict how fast a child will grow. Once his shoulders creep over the harness position it's in, it's time for a new seat.

I'd also mention the dangers of the seat protector and double check if she's ok to use LATCH in the center.

Susan

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Actually, she might have one more usable position...its really hard to tell, but ds has that seat, and in ours, the top usable position actually puts the inner headrest thing above the actual shell just a little...and in the pic, it looks like it is even, so she might have 1 more usable slot.
In addition to the protector issue and Latch borrowing issue, I assume you have mentioned that at his size he could be RFing? Not to badger her, but just so she knows it's an option.

my2kidsSafe

I've tried. It is like beating a dead horse at this point.

Do you think if you boost about how she will get longer out of the seat if she uses it rearfacing. Since the straps are supposed to be below is shoulder as long as she has enough shell space behind him. I can't tell because of the blur.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Just from the pictures it appears that there may be one more usable position, but I would have her take the seat out to check to be sure.
Here are some pics of my dd in 3 different 3 in 1 seats with the harness in the top usable spot for each.

0213081433.jpg

0218081847b.jpg

0218081854.jpg

And here is one of my older dd 5 yrs ago when the AOE first came out. The harness is in the second to top usable spot.

39830995805_0_ALB.jpg

ErinGoBragh

From your pics, if seems like he has one more useable spot left.

I left her a message with a few questions. I asked about the LATCH in the center, the mat underneath, and where the harness is in relation to his shoulders. I also told her to put the headrest up as high as it can go, then click it down one notch to find the top setting.

ErinGoBragh

Do you think if you boost about how she will get longer out of the seat if she uses it rearfacing. Since the straps are supposed to be below is shoulder as long as she has enough shell space behind him. I can't tell because of the blur.

Not going to work. She was actually wondering if he would be big enough for a booster once he outgrew this seat.

Roughly 50% of my PG is still RF. The rest of them are sick of hearing me. Right now I am more concerned about keeping him harnessed than put in a booster way too early.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC