Is this a good deal?

kdkm

So I went to target today and of course I wanted to see the car seats. I noticed that had a Nautilus on the bottom shelf under the bouncing seats and swings. When I looked at it, I noticed it was on sale for $109 and it was the Rachel print. Is this a good deal? I know it said it was regularly 159 but how good of deal is it? I don't really have the money now. Its not even for me, its for my mom for my little sister.

Also, with the Nautilus fit a skinny two year old with a long torso? She is 24 pounds and 36 inches? Is she even big enough. Rear-facing is not option. This is much better than an $80 Apex right?

I am just so torn because I want her to be safe but I am in college and I don't have a job. I am trying to find ways to justify getting it for but its hard because i'm cheap anyway.

Any advice on any of this?

ADS

Maedze

To answer your main question, yes, it's an extremely good deal.

To answer the second question, yes, it would physically fit her well.

To answer the third question, I learned a long time and about a thousand dollars ago that you cannot save every child, even the ones you love. It is primarily the parent's responsibility to provide safe, appropriate restraints.

Your mom is responsible for the safety of your little sister. Not you. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

kdkm

Well the thing is, technically I CAN afford it. Its just hard for me to spend that much money when I have NO money coming back in. I am going to see if maybe she will go half for it and explain to her that she will eventually need a HWH seat anyway because my little sister has almost out grown her scenera and her evenflo seat. (she would be on the top slots with just a little space between her shoulders and the top slot, if her harness was adjusted right)

I also worry that if I buy her the seat, she won't use it right. I guess in a way though, me buying it gives me some power over but I am not always around.

I'm just so torn because I want to do the right thing but I just feel like its not responsibility and then I feel guilty.

Ugh, I just wish my mom wasn't so lax about car seat stuff.

kittykate

Is she currently riding in the Apex harnessed? If so I wouldn't buy the Nautilus if you can't afford it.

All carseats, when used properly pass the same standards. We don't know which ones are safest or least safe, only that they passed.

Have your mom make sure that the Apex is installed properly and being used correctly every time your sister is in the car and that will go a long way towards keeping your little sis safe :twocents:

ETA: I just noticed that you don't already have the Apex, so the above doesn't apply exactly. But the Apex is still a perfectly good seat if installed and used correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC