Is MR on sale in store at BRU?

clarinetb

It is on sale but OOS online... Does anyone happen to know if it is on sale in store as well? I'd love to get it for that price! :D Thought someone here might have seen if it was :D Thanks!!

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If you can find a store that actually has it in stock then it most likely is. It hasn't been carried as an in stock item since the new year and has only been available special order, so unless your store happens to have stock from last year, it's unlikely you'll find one in store. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

dingohate

They placed a "Special Order" for me last week that guarantees me the sale price. Could you go to a store and ask that they do that for you?

My BFF just did this and ordered one. I bought at the beginning of the sale and it was in stock online but not in store so they delivered it to my home for free. I think they only do that if it's in stock and not special order (as in online obviously it's not in stock in the store!)

LittlePeanut

My BFF just did this and ordered one. I bought at the beginning of the sale and it was in stock online but not in store so they delivered it to my home for free. I think they only do that if it's in stock and not special order (as in online obviously it's not in stock in the store!)

AFAIK, that's correct. I will have to pick mine up in store as they will not deliver it to my home. I am also not held to buying the seat, should it come in and it's not suitable. I was very concerned about the DOM and they understood that if it were "too old," I would not be taking it.

clarinetb

They placed a "Special Order" for me last week that guarantees me the sale price. Could you go to a store and ask that they do that for you?

They were on sale and in stock at my location (NL).

Ooh, this is sounding more promising, we have more than one close enough to go to if someone wants to be helpful :D The special order sounds promising. We do have a bucket seat we can use if we have to wait for the MR.

So do you just say there is something online you'd like them to order?

LittlePeanut

The paperwork I got with it says ETA 8-9 WEEKS but they said it will likely only be 2 weeks or so. We'll see.

Yeah, you just go the the CS desk and tell them there is an item that's on sale that you would like to special order. The will look it up and print out a piece of paper with the details (item number, description, sale price, ETA, etc).

clarinetb

So, as usual, you guys are awesome ;) I went, they didn't have them, asked about ordering, they said they couldn't because it was out of stock online, kept asking about special ordering it and they checked and said they could :D They claim it would be coming from the manufacturer since BRU website is out of stock they don't have any, so the date should be fine... we'll see :D

What would you guys consider a reasonable date for this seat?

LittlePeanut

At that price, anything up to a year would be "ok" but I would like something in the last 4 months. HOWEVER, as it's a Graco seat, it's good until December of the 6th year (so anything from late Jan 2011 onward would be good until Dec 2017).

clarinetb

At that price, anything up to a year would be "ok" but I would like something in the last 4 months. HOWEVER, as it's a Graco seat, it's good until December of the 6th year (so anything from late Jan 2011 onward would be good until Dec 2017).

Ah, forgot about the December expiries :D Thanks!

snowbird25ca

AFAIK, that's correct. I will have to pick mine up in store as they will not deliver it to my home. I am also not held to buying the seat, should it come in and it's not suitable. I was very concerned about the DOM and they understood that if it were "too old," I would not be taking it.

Did they have you pay the $50 deposit when you ordered? That deposit isn't refundable if you decide to not take the seat. People sometimes get upset about that if it isn't explained to them at the time of purchase - and unfortunately with staff having different levels of training it's not always explained.

The shipment should have a recent DOM though. The only thing I'd caution is in terms of when it comes in - there were a number of open orders when I looked a couple weeks ago, but most of them were small orders for 2 or 3 seats and there's a few week difference between each shipment arriving from what I've seen for dates the last time I looked.

Also, if the special order wasn't paid in full when you ordered it, then you'll be subject to the actual "system" price when it comes in to stock, so you might want to check on that. Of course, if you've paid in full, you won't have the non-refundable $50 deposit if you decide you don't want the seat, so that's another potential benefit of paying in full.

At any rate, if you guys haven't paid in full, you should probably go back to the store and do so since otherwise you'll be paying whatever price it is in the system when it arrives in store, less the $50 deposit.

LittlePeanut

Interesting. The assistant manager is the one who ultimately "helped" me after a lengthy discussion on common sense :rolleyes: At any rate, I was not charge a $50 deposit and I was told with no uncertainty that I would get it for the price as it was listed on special order. If they try to charge me a higher amount, well, it won't go well.

snowbird25ca

Interesting. The assistant manager is the one who ultimately "helped" me after a lengthy discussion on common sense :rolleyes: At any rate, I was not charge a $50 deposit and I was told with no uncertainty that I would get it for the price as it was listed on special order. If they try to charge me a higher amount, well, it won't go well.

Here's to hoping that it's simple. Or better yet, that it's still on sale. Sounds like they don't follow normal procedure for special orders in the store if they're not charging the deposit. Which is odd since the form asks for the transaction id that the deposit is on...

Now that I think about it more, that special order form would indicate the price when you placed the order - I would guess that they must just price correct down to the price on the special order form if it has gone back up. They can't really charge you more when the form indicates a different price and that price is based off of the current system price when the special order is placed.

We don't do very many special orders anymore because of the length of wait often involved in customers getting their items. When there's stock in the warehouse it goes on to a truck right away, but with you having to wait for a shipment that 6 to 8wks may be way more likely...

techie

Sounds like they don't follow normal procedure for special orders in the store if they're not charging the deposit. Which is odd since the form asks for the transaction id that the deposit is on...

There are ways around everything. From what you described, my store and your store do things differently, which is likely the case for a lot of stores out there. We all do things to suit our own stores needs.

clarinetb

Did they have you pay the $50 deposit when you ordered? That deposit isn't refundable if you decide to not take the seat. People sometimes get upset about that if it isn't explained to them at the time of purchase - and unfortunately with staff having different levels of training it's not always explained.

I paid the deposit, it has the total price and what I still owe on the slip and they said it is refundable/returnable if there are any problems, including DOM, when I get it. So, there will be a lot of noise if they were lying to me :p

snowbird25ca

There are ways around everything. From what you described, my store and your store do things differently, which is likely the case for a lot of stores out there. We all do things to suit our own stores needs.

We used to use a work-around so we could use a back computer instead of the one up at cash, but then there was a hoopla about not having the proper transaction #'s in there.

Are you able to describe the way your store does special orders? We've mostly moved away from them now because we can do online orders for customers and they prefer that that's done, but I'd still be interested to hear if you're able to share it. :)

Lily

Bumping because the My Ride is back in stock online! In Spiral, at least. When I do searches to try to find Sonata it doesn't show up.

snowbird25ca

Bumping because the My Ride is back in stock online! In Spiral, at least. When I do searches to try to find Sonata it doesn't show up.

Sonata was discontinued in the system when I looked on Saturday. I don't know if there are still shipments en route or not though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC