Is it possible to install Radian XTSl RF Center 2009 Forester?

KandFsMomma

Help! I know you can't use LATCH in this position, so it would be a seat belt install. We are having space issues and would really like to have this seat RF in the center, so that the front seats can be back all of the way. (I have a Huge Husband.)

I took the seat out to the car and tried, and it seems that the base, or foot rather, is just incompatible with the center of the back seat. :confused:
But I have heard people have done it?

Thanks!

Oh, the passenger in this seat is my 9 month old DS, he is 22lbs.

ADS

KandFsMomma

Thank you, I'll check it out.
For now DS is RF in his MA70 (Passenger side), which is OK, but DD is really uncomfortable FF in the RA, and can't do up the buckles herself, which is annoying. (I always tighten her and check them.)

From what I've read RFing the RA in the center only seems possible with 2 people, and generally one is a tech.

hrice

Thank you, I'll check it out.
For now DS is RF in his MA70 (Passenger side), which is OK, but DD is really uncomfortable FF in the RA, and can't do up the buckles herself, which is annoying. (I always tighten her and check them.)

From what I've read RFing the RA in the center only seems possible with 2 people, and generally one is a tech.

I just installed a RF Boulevard 70 in the center and it was a breeze. I am a tech but it really was an effortless install. It helps if you buckle both outboard seatbelts to get the buckles out of the way. I also peel the cover back and pull on the shoulder belt from the inside of the seat while applying pressure on the front of ther seat near the adjustor strap. Once you have it tight do not release any slack and close the lock off nearest the seat belt buckle first while holding the shoulder belt tight with the other hand. Then proceed to close the second lock off.

KandFsMomma

I just installed a RF Boulevard 70 in the center and it was a breeze. I am a tech but it really was an effortless install. It helps if you buckle both outboard seatbelts to get the buckles out of the way. I also peel the cover back and pull on the shoulder belt from the inside of the seat while applying pressure on the front of ther seat near the adjustor strap. Once you have it tight do not release any slack and close the lock off nearest the seat belt buckle first while holding the shoulder belt tight with the other hand. Then proceed to close the second lock off.

oooh, thank you! I thought the MA70 was too wide! I hope this works, great tip on doing up the outboard buckles! ;)

Could you fit a a second car seat outboard too though?

hrice

oooh, thank you! I thought the MA70 was too wide! I hope this works, great tip on doing up the outboard buckles! ;)

Could you fit a a second car seat outboard too though?

I didn't try but there certainly appeared to be enough room. However, I do not think another Britax convertible would fit. It could only work with both seats outboard. A Radian should work though.

hrice

How old and heavy are your children?

ETA: nevermind.

I would try the MA70 center RF and Radian outboard FF.

KandFsMomma

Yay! I got the MA70 RF center, with the seat belt, and lock off. The Radian is FF Outboard behind the drivers seat. (Wonder why I put it behind the drivers seat. It probably makes for sense to have it behind the passenger! ooops.)
I had to use a seat belt install on the RA too, there isn't enough room to use LATCH with the big MA70 center.

But both car seats are TIGHT, and both front seats can go back all the way ! :D

Thank you!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Good job! Make sure you take the first one you installed out to check that the second isn't looser than it seems. :)

hrice

KandFsMomma said:
Yay! I got the MA70 RF center, with the seat belt, and lock off. The Radian is FF Outboard behind the drivers seat. (Wonder why I put it behind the drivers seat. It probably makes for sense to have it behind the passenger! ooops.)
I had to use a seat belt install on the RA too, there isn't enough room to use LATCH with the big MA70 center.

But both car seats are TIGHT, and both front seats can go back all the way ! :D

Thank you!!

That's great! And diddo what KetchupQueen said.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC