Is it possible- rfing britax or recaro in Sienna 3rd row w/SB?

christineka

I tried Britax yesterday. So did Judi. It seems the britax base is too wide to fit between the seatbelt parts in the middle seat, 3rd row of my 2007 sienna. Has anyone got a special trick to do it? Has anyone put a recaro seat rfing in that seat with a seatbelt?

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

I've gotten a decathlon rf in that position. 3 across even with a nautilus and turbo.
IMG_4469_4.jpg

It looks like I twisted the buckle stalk 1 full turn.

christineka

I tried Chex' Boulevard (I think it was- it had the moveable headrest.) in my van. I couldn't get it to fit between the belt parts. It was on the buckle. Chex has the seat ffing without a problem. I think it must be thinner in the back than in the front. Is the decathlon base different? Have the bases changed? Maybe I need to go back to USA Baby and try a decathlon there.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I think I have it just behind the buckle, kind of like how you would use latch, kwim? Since the base doesn't fit between the latch hooks either.

OH, the base is the same, just that their are no latch bars on the dc. I could try my boulevard instead.

Pics:) Need to use the lockoff instead of relying on locking the belt.

IMG_8388_1.jpg

IMG_8389_2.jpg

IMG_8390_3.jpg

IMG_8391_4.jpg

IMG_8392_5.jpg

IMG_8394_6.jpg

IMG_8395_7.jpg

IMG_8397_8.jpg

Now, am I just wierd, or am I doing something wrong? It was easier to do with the cover back, under all the padding.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC