Installing Marathon in pick-up truck - top tether?

bombedier

Senior Community Member
Much to my dismay (and I am working on making this back to rear-facing), in my husband's Cadillac Pick-up, the Britax Marathon is installed forward facing with the Lower Latch. However, the top tether is not attached. The seat is currently on the side (working on moving that to the center location) and I did wrap the tether around the headrest and secure it for the moment.

Can you advise me on the correct tether installation on this car for forward facing please?

TIA

ADS

scatterbunny

We need to know the year, make and model of the vehicle. Then a tech can look up the information for you. It should also be in the vehicle owner's manual. :)

vatechgrad

It should be in the manual where they are located. I have a toyota Rav 4 and my outboard seat anchors are on the back, bottom of the seat, the center anchor is on the top in the back. My sister has a montero and all of hers are on the top I think, My dad's Jimmy has them in the cargo area. so it varies but the book will tell you in the child restraint section.

Janet

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Definitely check your manual because tethers in pickup trucks are sometimes tricky. In some cases, there are "loops" that you use, rather than a "normal" anchor. There should be instructions in your car's manual.

HTH!

Ilana

bombedier

Senior Community Member
I checked out the manual last night - I have to pull the seat back forward and the anchor points are at the base of the back seat.

Thanks!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I checked out the manual last night - I have to pull the seat back forward and the anchor points are at the base of the back seat.

Thanks!

Yep, It's like that on the Avalanche trucks. In my dh Silverado 2500 it's actually on the back wall which makes it much easier to access.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Definitely check your manual because tethers in pickup trucks are sometimes tricky. In some cases, there are "loops" that you use, rather than a "normal" anchor. There should be instructions in your car's manual.

HTH!

Ilana

I hate this look style tethers. On the GM trucks they have actual tether hooks and don't do the loop style tethers. I think really only Ford did that.

vatechgrad

I hate the ones on my bf's truck which are behind the seat but on the back wall of truck. Its too hard to tighten them, you have to hook then push seat back in place and then try to tighten at a weird angle. I like on the actual seat better, cause you can tighten and then push seat back to finish up, and if you using lower anchors you can more the seat without unhooking carseat (my outboard seats work that way).

janet

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC