Info from Chicco regarding NextFit replacement parts and harness strap covers

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
It's okay - take a deep breath! :) Your seat isn't ruined. The "styrofoam" is actually EPS foam which isn't the most durable material in the world. I have cracked the EPS foam accidentally on some of my carseats over the years. As long as you're not missing chunks it's okay to repair it yourself. You can put a piece of tape (I use clear shipping tape) over the crack to make sure it doesn't continue to separate. As for gluing the EPS foam back onto the shell of the headrest- yup, you can do that. I just took apart my NextFit training seat and I can tell that the foam in the headrest is just glued on randomly with hot glue. If you have a glue gun - you can use that and it should be as good as new! HTH!

I will add that it is advisable to use a low-temp gun when gluing foam. When the foam was pulled out of my truefit when they were first released, it took an act of congress for learning curve to get me the foam. When the did, the engineers included a (very nice) cordless, dual-temp glue gun with instruction to use the low setting for the foam to avoid melting it.

ADS

lincolnsmom

Just wanted to update that I heard back from chicco and they are replacing the carseat!! Sending a brand new one and want me to return the old one for inspection. While I was glad I didn't ruin the seat, it makes me feel much better to have a brand new one. What great customer service! I will be singing the praises of this company for years!

thepote

Just wanted to update that I heard back from chicco and they are replacing the carseat!! Sending a brand new one and want me to return the old one for inspection. While I was glad I didn't ruin the seat, it makes me feel much better to have a brand new one. What great customer service! I will be singing the praises of this company for years!

Wow that's awesome. Way to go Chicco!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC