Infant seats requiring recline in lowest position if noodles are used

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What infant seats require you to put the recline in the lowest position (tucked away) if you're using noodles or a towel?

Out of habit I do it on a lot of seats, but which require it?

Britax B-Safe (which is why I'm asking - I'm reading the manual right now and it made me realize that I wasn't sure if I've noticed it in other manuals before).

ADS

amyd

Hmmm...good question. I don't think I've ever installed a B-Safe. I generally do it too as a matter of course, but can't say I've ever read it anywhere.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Snugride 22

They used to a long time ago, but last I heard it was allowed to use the noodles in combination with the foot. (Not that I've ever had to, but I'm seeming to remember it being ok?)

This is one of those instances where I always check the manual for specific instructions if I can't get a seat reclined enough with the recline built in to the base.

I see this problem quite frequently on the Baby Trend Flex Loc seats and the manual only says that it's ok to use something to increase the recline - it doesn't say one way or the other regarding the adjustment foot and if I remember correctly the diagram isn't clear enough to show if the foot is extended or perhaps there wasn't a diagram showing the noodles. (I don't recall anymore.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC