Indecisive mom needs HELP!

designermv

I can take what should be a fairly simple decision and drag it out for weeks.

My daughter is 3 y.o., 35.5 lbs., 38.5 inches tall, FF in a Britax Wizard in my '04 Odyssey. I love the Wizard but my mom needs a new carseat in her van (08 Kia Sedona) as she transports Alison several times a week. I'd like to move the Wizard to my mom's car and get a new seat for my car.

I was going to get a Regent but I really like having SIP. I don't want to get a Boulevard as I think she'd outgrow it in a few years, and I want her harnessed as long as possible.

What are my options? I like the Radian, but have heard there are issues with the straps being kind of close together. I also have heard of the crotch strap being too close to the back of the seat. A sales rep at Great Beginnings said these issues were in the process of being resolved, but I don't know when this takes effect. Should I just forget SIP and get the Regent?

I'm sorry this is rambly. Can someone please just tell me what to buy so I don't have to make a decision? :p

ADS

monzogary

Senior Community Member
The new Graco Nautilus has 18+" top slots and harnesses to 65# then can be used as a high back and no back booster. My 7 yo would still easily fit in the harness and she is 50# and about 43-44" tall. It is available in some Walmart stores and is now also available on Walmart.com. Other than that , the Regent has the highest top harness slot at about 20".
HTH!

lynsgirl

Honestly, the Regent still has some pretty decent SIP. Just being in a 5pt harness is more SIP than a 3pt *with* built-in SIP (i.e. the Parkway or something similar). I think the Nautilus is a good option to consider and maybe the Radian, but ultimately, you'll have the most harnessing time in a Regent.

armyfam

We have a Recaro Como in our Kia Sedona and it is a solid install. I have a 13 month RF in it. It is very deep with seemingly tons of SIP. It is narrow in the shoulders though and my 5.5 year old was snug. The Regent fits well my 06 Sedona as well. Second row Captains chairs. Rock solid. Also, all Kia's have Side airbags standard so maybe the SIP for the Regent isn't as big of a dilemma.

Kat_Momof3

I would go with the graco nautilus.
it will give you another 3 or more inches in actual use, despite only measuring at 1.5" more (don't ask me why... i don't know!)

And then it converts to a great booster and even a backless booster!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC