If you could not tether, what seat(s) would you use?

ADS

glockchick

I would be lap belt only. Dang old truck. :(

So until I can get tether anchors, I either get 2 Radians to RF Kaleigh and Caleb and put the other Cowmoo MA in dh's car tethered. How would the kid get to the 3rd row, drivers side seat with Kaleigh's seat rear facing though? I don't allow climbing on or over seats.

The other option is to get 2 Nautiluses for my car (would take up more room and leave less for kids on either side, but would last longer harnessed) and again move the cowmoo seat to dh's car.

I'd sell the BLVD since the harness is slightly higher on the MAs. Are FR85's wider than the Nauti? I need harnessed seats in these two locations as long as possible. I don't know what I'll do when they outgrow them because I don't want anyone in a lap belt only.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Kaleigh and Caleb would probably last a good long while in the Radians... RF and then FF. While their top shell slots are somewhat lower than the Nautilus', they will be substantially safer RFing until they outgrow them, than FFing them both untethered now. Remember, too, that the RN can be used to 53" even if the shoulders are above the top slots. My 48" child has outgrown the top slots of the Nautilus, so the Radian may actually last longer.

You could also investigate 86-Ys for once they outgrow the harnessed seats, eliminating your problem.

skitle1802

Just curious, did you go through the service dept or the parts dept? My parts dept was super helpful (although my vehicle is 3 years too new for the Technical Service Bulletin to apply)

scoutingbear

I think I saw that you had a '99 Suburban. Is there anyone you know that you could borrow a radian from to try it in there? I am unable to FF the radian in my Dad's '99 suburban in the middle row and had to use the GN. I think someone on here got it to install in the 3rd row though. :twocents:

glockchick

I'm not sure. I guess service. It's the same place we go for oil changes, regular maintenance, and broken door handles. I didn't know they were separate entities. :eek:

I'll try calling around tomorrow, but I've about decided to get them both Radians for my car and rear face them. Dh has given me the go ahead to do whatever I feel is best for them. :love:

I think they'll stay tethered ffing in his car because I just can't spend money on 4 seats right now. :eek: His truck is also safer. It's quite a bit newer and all the jazz that comes with that.

glockchick

I think I saw that you had a '99 Suburban. Is there anyone you know that you could borrow a radian from to try it in there? I am unable to FF the radian in my Dad's '99 suburban in the middle row and had to use the GN. I think someone on here got it to install in the 3rd row though. :twocents:

Yep, it's a '99 suburban. Leather seats. I don't know of anyone around here. I'm in College Station, TX if anyone's local and wants to let me play with their seat. :thumbsup:

BabyKaykes

I got the Radian to harnes DS in my '98 Breeze, only to realize after I got it that:

1) It will NOT under any circumstances, install in that car - stupid long belt stalks and low belt paths!

2) In it's intended position outboard in my car with zero side airbags, there was not nearly enough SIP for my liking.

The Nautilus was a better fit. So it is outboard, untethered in that car. Though most days it is used in booster mode, because I prefer boostered over untethered (the harness is used on longer trips)

glockchick

Sigh. So get the Radians with the $5 return shipping at elitecarseats or something is what you're saying.

Maybe I'll get a Nauti for now and wait for the new Britax seats to come out. Dh doesn't think the Radians look comfy enough because they don't cradle the kids like their Britax seats do. :rolleyes:

chloebeansmom

If it helps my DD chooses her Radians over any of her other seats. She has done A round trip to NC (15 hours each way) and a round trip to Montreal (10 hours each way) and has been quite comfy in them. She does seem to prefer the XT headwings because she can rest on them when she sleeps.

glockchick

Does anyone know if diapers.com does free return shipping? It looks like it from this quote.

Return Policy
Your complete satisfaction is our top priority! If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase for any reason, we will gladly accept returns of packages within 365 days of the sale date and issue a full refund. We will also pay for the return shipping. All we ask is that the product is not expired, is in the same condition you received it and is in the original box and/or packaging. Unfortunately, we cannot extend this return policy to resellers of our product.

That would be awesome because they have a 15% code now. Unless y'all think Radians will go on sale better than that sometime soon. :cool:

sweetfeet

Does anyone know if diapers.com does free return shipping? It looks like it from this quote.

That would be awesome because they have a 15% code now. Unless y'all think Radians will go on sale better than that sometime soon. :cool:

Yes they do. I had to return a radian to them back in Jan. It was completely easy. :)

BrendansMommy

Shanna--isn't there a chevy dealership in Navasota or Hempstead? I know there is one in Waco (1.5 hours)? Where in Houston are you looking that it takes 3 hours to get there? I'm pretty sure there are a couple of chevy dealerships in Houston within a 2 hour drive.

glockchick

I forgot about Navasota. :eek: Didn't the dealership in Hempstead go out of business or is there another one I don't know about? I really only go through Hempstead on the way to Galveston.

I have to take my truck back to the shop because now I can't open the driver's side door from the inside. Talk about a safety hazzard. :eek: I'll press them on it then.

Can I play with your Radian? Really, really? :D Thanks so much! I'll pm you my phone number and you can call or text and lmk when a good time would be for you. I have class from 11:40 to 1:35 but I'm free any other time.

BrendansMommy

I forgot about Navasota. :eek: Didn't the dealership in Hempstead go out of business or is there another one I don't know about? I really only go through Hempstead on the way to Galveston.

I have to take my truck back to the shop because now I can't open the driver's side door from the inside. Talk about a safety hazzard. :eek: I'll press them on it then.

Can I play with your Radian? Really, really? :D Thanks so much! I'll pm you my phone number and you can call or text and lmk when a good time would be for you. I have class from 11:40 to 1:35 but I'm free any other time.

The one in Hempstead may have gone out of business. I was asleep the last time we drove through there. :eek:

I don't mind having a Radian playdate. I work FT, though, so the evening would be better for me (and cooler!).

vonfirmath

Yep, it's a '99 suburban. Leather seats. I don't know of anyone around here. I'm in College Station, TX if anyone's local and wants to let me play with their seat. :thumbsup:

:love:

I thought so when I saw Aggieland and 3 hours from Houston.
I don't have a Radian or I'd love the excuse to go back there. I graduated HS from Consolidated. And my sister and her family are still there.

glockchick

Cool! I went to school in Giddings. Dh works for the library at A&M so here we are. :) I'm currently going to Blinn and plan to transfer next spring or maybe wait until next fall depending on scholarships. ;) Going for that Aggie ring. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC