If u never had to see a .... Again??

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm trying to figure out why pp breaks a nail each time, and then I'm trying to figure out what the square of grip liner is for.

When I release a ss1/32/35 lock-off I always unbuckle the seatbelt first. Then the lock-off just opens easily. Trying to open the lock-off with the belt still buckled is hideous.

When I'm closing it over a belt I use the palm of my hand.

What am I missing here. What is the grip liner trick for?

If I had to guess, I'd say Pix has small hands and a girly grip like I do. She breaks a nail trying to wedge her fingers far enough under the edge to get good leverage. I do the same thing. I take a square of grip liner (think pot holder size) and wrap it around the edge to give my fingers a little more traction and to protect my nails.

ETA, I unbuckle the belt first also. I'm just don't have the hand strength. I have to use a knee in most seats too, not for weight, but because I don't have a good enough grip to tighten with one hand.

Last edited:
ADS

lovemybabies924

msg221 said:
As for a seat I hope to never see again: either an Evenflo Titan with a seatbelt install because of that horrible belt path that is so small and the scratchy plastic that ate up my hand and the 3 in 1 seats.

aahhhg the titan is mean!!!! But my hand is all ate up just from my TF :) sucks!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Gypsyphoenix

ANY seat with latch in my husband's work car (2011 Chevy Cruze). But to be fair, that's the car's fault, not the seat. The butt and back portions of the seat are so tight together I have to do battle to separate them enough to get the latch connector in there. Just watched a video for the Aton and saw the latch guides *drool*... oh what I wouldn't give to have some sort of universal guide that was safe to leave in my hubby's car.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
ANY seat with latch in my husband's work car (2011 Chevy Cruze). But to be fair, that's the car's fault, not the seat. The butt and back portions of the seat are so tight together I have to do battle to separate them enough to get the latch connector in there. Just watched a video for the Aton and saw the latch guides *drool*... oh what I wouldn't give to have some sort of universal guide that was safe to leave in my hubby's car.

Cybex sells those.

Anything Dorel.

I can honestly say I've never had a really good install (or even good enough) in any of the vehicles I've used them with. They also cut your hands up :rolleyes:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Gypsyphoenix said:
Really? My son has a Boulevard 70 - are they safe for Britax seats?

I don't see why not. All it does is help you find the anchors. One vehicle manufacturer (Volkswagen?) used to provide them, too.

MoreLatte

DisneyWorldNanny said:
Anything Dorel.

I can honestly say I've never had a really good install (or even good enough) in any of the vehicles I've used them with. They also cut your hands up :rolleyes:

Agreed. I just don't like the quality- just a personal thing I guess.

And Gypsypheonix- I have the EXACT same problem in my Volvo. I have never used latch in the six or so yrs I've owns the car because the anchors are buried deep! (sorry, can't multi-quote on my phone:) ).

Gypsyphoenix

No worries - I haven't figured out how to quote at all with my phone (hence no quotes). I was going to give up using latch in my husband's car, but hey, if there's a $10 fix, I'm all for it!

Thanks LISmama! I didn't personally see a problem, but wanted to check as it is an aftermarket product that didn't come with my seat.

cpsaddict

The Scenera RF. OMG, the rf belt path cuts my hand everytime. Plus, the whole noodle thing. Ugh. Hate it.

tiggercat

I don't think there is a particular seat that I detest, I've had difficult/frustrating installs with many models over the years. I don't love installing baby trend and peg perego infant seats because of the belt paths, and I'm not fond of the AO for a variety of reasons.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Dorel seats seem to have the most narrow belt paths that chew up your hands. I HATE doing them RF., Though I love to do them with no noodles. I think it is fun :p

Jocey'sMommy

I HATED my summit install!!! It was fighting a losing war to get that thing tight . . . also I HATE the scenera and avanue rear-facing installs(you thing you get them in tight, then you back away from the seat and realize they tricked you because they are still moving all over the freakin place)

all the cars my seats go in are leather :(

dhardawa

The Radian. I hate that seat because I hate having to send people away because it is completely incompatible with their vehicle. Second would be Evenflo infant seats followed by the Cosco Alpha Omega (and clones) that I swear have knives taped to the back of them specifically to slice my hands and forearms.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC