If my 2 yo is 31 lbs now...how long to 35 pounds

linneabw

Just curious if anyone has a son who was around 31 pounds (not sure exact weight as he isn't officially 2 for a month) at 2 years, how long until they reached 35 pounds. I really want to keep him rfing until 3, maybe longer. DH is saying that I can get one more seat but the seat in his car we'll ff (it's a tf), I'd really want to get two rfing seats but don't know if I could convince him to spend the $$.

The kid eats like crazy and he used to be in the 50th percentile for weight and now he's creeping up to the 95th!

Also, what seats? I really want a radian xtsl, but I'm afraid he'll outgrow it by height (he's in the top percentile for height) before poundage, and it's pricey. I thought for dh's car maybe a ca lx (I tried the reg. and I couldn't get it tight enough in his car). I really wish the tf rfed to 40.

I tried him in the Evenflo 40pound rfers and he doesn't have much room above the head right now, so I don't think those seats would work for us. :shrug-shoulders:

ADS

Chely7425

My older 2 are big kids. T1 was 29 inches and 33 pounds at 1, now he is almost 3 and is 37 inches and 34 pounds. T2 was 33 inches and 27 pounds at 1, he is now 35 inches and 28 pounds at 1.5 :) They both ride in the 45 pound RFing radians (the 80SL cuz they hate head wings) and have 2-3 inches of growing room.

kalamos23

Dd is a big kid and she has a longer torso (15 in) . At 1 she wa s 33lbs and 33 inches, at 2 she was 36 lbs and 38.25 in, and at 2.5 she is somewhere between 39 and 40 in and last I checked, around 37 lbs. She has stayed the same weight since 18 mo. We have a radian xt and she still has some room in it, she is over the second to to p slot rfing right now, if that helps any.

mamakc

My DD was 32lbs at 2 and 34lbs at 3. DS is also 32lbs at 2 so I'm expecting him to grow the same.

If he's tall, get a complete air! :)

icnee

If he is tall I would also get the CA It will last longer in hieght then any other US seat. At his age kids tend to slow down in weight gain and begine to get taller (with mine it always looks like the y are streaching out) DD2 was about 35ish IIRC at 2 and it wasnt until she was 5 tat he hi 40 and stayed there. DD3 will be 4 in may and she had a groth spurt just before 2 (only time she has ever been in the 50%) and she went to about 28lbs so it has taken her almost 2 years to gain for pounds andthis child eats morethan all my other kids.

My 28mo is also slowing down in weight gain.

also wnt t mentionthat my 5yo although se ha out grown the seat by weight se still has room by height, and wants to rf in it so I guess it is comfy.

linneabw

I put him in the 40lb scenera at Target and he had about 1.5 inches above his head, though I heard that a new one is coming out that is supposed to have 4 more inches (?)

andre149

My dd was 39lb at her 2 year check up. I of course freaked because I was not ready to turn her. We bought a radian so she would have a 45lb rf seat... and at 2 1/2 she's 37lb :rolleyes:. We will easily make it to three in the radian, even though she was nearly 40lb at her 2 year check up. I would just wait and see, and if he tops 35 go buy a 40RF Scenera like others suggested :)

Edit: Somehow missed your post about the inch and a half over his head in that. If the time comes I'd still try it in the car if possible, and if that doesn't work your next best bet for the money would probably be a complete air :)

armywife12

My son was 35lbs on his second birthday and pretty much stayed that same weight until right before his third birthday, when he shot up to around 39-40lbs. We bought the XTSL for him because of his weight and his long torso. I hate the seat though and am selling it so we no longer have him RF. We made it to 3yrs 4 months though.

I would recommend the Complete Air over the Radians. We love our Complete Air and, if Caleb hadn't hit 40lbs, he'd still be using it RF. It offers more growing room for both RF and FF as well. I only recommend the Radians when it is the last option for RF

LittlePeanut

My son was 35lbs on his second birthday and pretty much stayed that same weight until right before his third birthday, when he shot up to around 39-40lbs

This is similar to my DS too. He was 29 lbs at 2 years and 29.5 lbs at 3 years. At that point he started packing on the pounds at 1 lb per month for the next 6 months. So by 3.5 y/o he had finally reached 35.5 lbs!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC