If I were to replace my radians

aring7279

I am so distraught about the whole situation with the radians. I really would like to get new seats because it stresses me out. I had issue with one of my radian xtsl's superlatch, they sent me a new on and I haven't had a problem. It makes me sick to think about replacing 2 radians a year after buying them but. I'm more sick over the worry about the seat. I know no one can tell me what to do but... what would you do?

So, if I were to convince my husband to fork over MORE money for car seats, what would you recommend?

Car: 09 Odyssey, 2nd row captains chairs

Children: Twins who were 2 in July, rf and happy so we plan on rf quite a while

Weight- 31 lbs

Height- 35in (still sleeping so I don't know their torso but they are still on the 2nd slot for their radian)

Budget- let's say no budget right now

ADS

Shancouchon

I totally agree. I have all of mine installed with a seatbelt, I have never used the latch since my van doesnt have them (2004) on the bench. Even though I could in my husbands car for his radian for our daughter, it is seatbelt installed because I am more familiar with the belt than the latch install.

Not sure if this helps but when I had the opportunity to replace all my seats after a minor accident, I still chose the radians because RF and FF they (in my opinion) are the best. So versatile.... the low profile makes it easy for them to get into (I do daycare and have a variety of ages) RF and FF. And if my 7 year old needs to use it the low profile doesnt embarrass her like a MYride would. And as your twins get older and the possibility of friends tagging along makes these seats awesome because you can puzzle with boosters and other seats quite easily I have found.

Hope this helps- again just my experience with the 4 of them that I own and love with my seat belt install

aring7279

Thank you! I may try a seatbelt install today- I was hoping to not have to use them as we need adult access to the 3rd row but if we have to for piece of mind...

V

VanIsleMommy

I've had an evenflo triumph advance, a myride 65, a true fit, and a radian xt. Honestly, I love the radian more than any of the other seats. I don't seem to be having a problem with the latch (although I can see how it's possible for my son to step on it while climbing in and loosen it so I've been checking) but if it came down to a new seat or a seatbelt install, I'd pick the seatbelt.

cookie123

If it's now not loosening, I'd be fine using it. Otherwise, I too would go with a seatbelt install, and be fine with that too if the install was a good one.

I'd probably otherwise go the the My Ride if I were choosing for myself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC