Idiot proof booster seats

Rm2000hg

There are a few children I know from a homeless shelter and foster care who were not riding in any safety seats so I have supplied them or the adults who drive them around with either seats I had or could get fairly easily.

I have recently seen two of these kiddos in the booster seats incorrectly. I have explained and shown the children and adults how to buckle and sit to stay safe but unfortunately it isn't happening. Some of the adults think I'm silly for pushing for booster seats at all.

Any suggestions for idiot proof booster seats? Basically so that if an immature 5 year old were to buckle without paying attention without adult supervision, that it would be close to correct (no threading the belt through anything).... Does this exist?

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Easiest to use imo are the Graco Turbos and Evenflo Amps, and they generally fit smaller kiddos well. What ones were they using incorrectly?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

kam1011

Easiest to use imo are the Graco Turbos and Evenflo Amps, and they generally fit smaller kiddos well. What ones were they using incorrectly?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

^That^ I always send an Evenflo Amp with my kids. BUT my kids also know how to just do it themselves, so I don't even worry.

mping

I would go with Harmony NBB. Better that they be using a NBB than a HBB without the seatbelt threaded through properly. Unless you don't put the seatbelt under the armrests, you can't screw up a NBB.

Dillipop

Thanks! Does the belt go under the arm rests for all no back boosters?

There is one booster by Cosco- the topside- that the shoulder belt goes over the armrest and the lap belt goes under both armrests. But all other traditional backless boosters require both belts under the armrests, I believe.

kam1011

I was also referring to NBBs. I find people mess up HBB all the time. (Headrest too low, belt coming out from below shoulder, routing it incorrectly...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC