Question ICBC refusing to replace unoccupied Graco(s) after accident

tam_shops

Sigh, why do they do this to some people and not others? I had *no* problem getting my seats replaced after an accident, then you get some adjusters that won't do it...

Friend's dh was rear ended. Hard enough to push him into the car in front of him. So damage to front and back of car.

They have 3 kids, pretty sure only two ride in that car. Know she said one was a Graco. I assume it was a HBB.

Thought she once said dd had a Dorel 2 or 3 in one kind of AOE style seat.

Either way, they've refused...now what?

Assume she's going to need proof, will check Graco website. Anything else? I told her to check her manual...

tam

ADS

Brianna

If they don't accept Graco's website or manual for proof it needs to be replaced, see if they will accept a letter from Graco.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

selinajean

I had to call Graco c/s about this 2 weeks ago for a local mom who was fighting with ICBC. Graco said to use the manual for proof if there was an insurance issue. ICBC can't tell you that the seat is safe when the manufacturer straight out says not to use it anymore.

tam_shops

Thanks Melissa! That's exactly the kind of further proof (beyond Graco site) that she can use....

I've bookmarked that one, sure it'll be needed again! LOL

tam

U

Unregistered

I got into an accident last Friday. I hit a mini-van on the side at low speed. The damage that I can see is only to the front bumper area on my car. I had a unoccupied Sunshine kids Radian XT (rear-facing). The adjuster told me I should take my car seat to where I bought it from to get it inspected. I asked him if ICBC could take a look and he said the store would have a better idea. (What a joke). I asked him if I should get a new car seat and he said if they say it's damaged I should get it replaced. I told him I didn't have the original receipt and the price went up and he said I should get something equivalent in the price not upgrade. I explained to him that only Radian would accommodate rear-facing for my tall boy. He said he'd check with someone and never got back to me. I should wait until he gives me a written authorization to go ahead and purchase a new Radian right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC