I need a new seat - right?

nhlbluesgirl

As I posted in my other thread, I had decided on using DD1's old Triump for DD2 when she outgrew her Snugride. Well, I'm thinking now that I have a reason to buy a new seat as soon as I need it. I just remembered (after reading other threads about crashes here) that the old triumph was in a crash about 2 1/2 years ago (DD wasn't in the car). A pickup truck ran into the back of me (Rendezvous), and pushed me into the pickup truck in front of me. There was minimal damage to all vehicles involved, but it was a good jolt. I should replace the seat, right? I'm very lucky that I haven't been in a crash since (esp. with DD in the car). I was uneducated about car seat safety at the time, and completely forgot about the crash. :eek:

Our budget is really tight right now, but now I can justify getting a new Triumph for DD2, instead of using the old one. There is nothing visibly wrong with the old one, but I know there can be unseen damage. Now I just have to make DH realize that we need a new one. :whistle:

ADS

Chameleon

Yes you should have replaced the Triumph after that crash. Evenflo says to replace after any crash occupied or unoccupied. At least you are well informed now and can replace it.

Question:
What should I do if I have been involved in an accident with the child’s restraint seat in the vehicle?

Answer:
Any type of accident with a child seat in the vehicle (occupied or unoccupied) should be reported. Please discontinue use immediately and contact Evenflo ParentLink Consumer Resource Center at (800) 233-5921. There may be, in some cases, internal stresses that cannot be seen.

https://plweb.evenflo.com/faq_detail.aspx?faqid=4544

melniemi

My advice would be to replace the old triumph with the new triumph "advance" - rf to 35#, ff to 50# - will last much longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC