I gave away all my car seats!

Brianna

Throughout my years of babysitting my godson I acquired a lot of seats for him that he outgrew or were no longer needed. For a while they were just sitting in my spare room because I no longer babysat on a regular basis. As of today I've found new homes for all of them! They've all gone to parents who had their child riding in a crashed, expired or otherwise unsafe seat. I did give the FR85 to my godson's mom so she could have a seat for him in her minivan and dads car.

J is now 5.5 years old and rides in a Lite Rider in my car, in between his 7 week old brother and sister in baseless OnBoard 35s. I won't be babysitting them all on a regular basis so hopefully I won't end up with a ton of car seats again!
And a pic from last night just because

ADS

cookie123

Cute! Good bye car seats! Nice they found good homes.

My car seat shelf in the garage is looking pretty bleak these days too. I used my Peg once this winter and have been keeping it in my closet. I have a couple backless boosters hanging around, a Monterey and that's it. I should probably have a look at the monterey. I suppose it could be expired.

CMeMeC

Throughout my years of babysitting my godson I acquired a lot of seats for him that he outgrew or were no longer needed. For a while they were just sitting in my spare room because I no longer babysat on a regular basis. As of today I've found new homes for all of them! They've all gone to parents who had their child riding in a crashed, expired or otherwise unsafe seat. I did give the FR85 to my godson's mom so she could have a seat for him in her minivan and dads car.

J is now 5.5 years old and rides in a Lite Rider in my car, in between his 7 week old brother and sister in baseless OnBoard 35s. I won't be babysitting them all on a regular basis so hopefully I won't end up with a ton of car seats again!
And a pic from last night just because
http://s178.photobucket.com/user/br...E-4AA4-9FD8-ABDE97C39974_zpsudqhbw6d.jpg.html

Will you give those twins away to me?...so cute!

Brianna

They're growing so quick and starting to look more like babies than newborns. I'm sure their mom wouldn't mind if you borrowed them for a couple hours! Lol.

jwilliams

Aww, are the twins you posted about recently? They're adorable. I remember when mine finally quit looking like little aliens and got that chubby baby look!

Brianna

Yes, same ones :) I've already mastered holding them both at the same time... It's hectic to be alone with them but surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. I'm sure that will change when they're mobile!

StillThankful

Oh gosh! Why am I so sad? I remember your posts about your godson when he was a toddler and the car seats you have aquired!! Ugghhh! Time flies!! Can't believe he is 5 1/2!

Brianna

Oh gosh! Why am I so sad? I remember your posts about your godson when he was a toddler and the car seats you have aquired!! Ugghhh! Time flies!! Can't believe he is 5 1/2!

Your girls have gotten so big too! I got an EFTA because you liked yours so much :) since I can't leave out big brother, here's the last pic I have of him. He was so proud to put the alphabet together by himself :)

aept

Way to declutter, and nice job giving the seats to kids who needed them. Good idea keeping the frontier with your friends for your godson, too.
What are you going to do with your re-claimed storage space?
Such cute kiddos.

StillThankful

Your girls have gotten so big too! I got an EFTA because you liked yours so much :) since I can't leave out big brother, here's the last pic I have of him. He was so proud to put the alphabet together by himself :)

He is such a cutie! BTW, you and I will forever be EFTA buddy/sisters!!! :p

I miss my EFTA: I named her "Sandy" LOL:
6932790367_2bb8d67410.jpg
[/url]DSCN0135 by StillThankful, on Flickr[/IMG]

Brianna

What do you mean hopefully you won't end up with a ton of car seats again??? Do you know where you are?!? Lol. It does feel good to de-clutter though!

I know :duck: but it was kind of expensive the first time around and none of them would have worked out for a 3 across in my car. I'm hoping the covertibles that mom ends up with will work out in my car :thumbsup: Or maybe we'll just swap vehicles if I need to take all 3!

Brianna

He is such a cutie! BTW, you and I will forever be EFTA buddy/sisters!!! :p I miss my EFTA: I named her "Sandy" LOL: [/URL]DSCN0135 by StillThankful, on Flickr[/IMG]

Lol! The EFTA went to a single mom who had a rat in her minivan chew through the harness and foam in the seat she had :jaw: I'm glad it went to a good home instead of spending the last of its days unused in my spare room :)

I know :duck: but it was kind of expensive the first time around and none of them would have worked out for a 3 across in my car. I'm hoping the covertibles that mom ends up with will work out in my car :thumbsup: Or maybe we'll just swap vehicles if I need to take all 3!

Or or or... 3 Foonfs.

:evilgrin:

Brianna

:spit: good thing J probably outgrew those by height or I might actually be considering it. I was thinking maybe some Graco clones for mom's minivan, but you know, Fllos are pretty much the same thing :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC